John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Watched him again last night and it seemed his role has changed from when he first came to you and since the new management team came in.  He did not seem to be flying all over midfield but staying mainly on the right and fairly well forward. He therefore did not get involved as much as I have seen before but what he did was neat and tidy with some telling passes and through balls. I also noticed he did not take any of the set pieces which he had been doing in previous games I watched. As I posted last time, this happened with us as they tended to be "floaty" with not enough pace on them so perhaps Smith has had the same thought.  Anyway another solid performance, as it was from Grealish till he tired after 70+ minutes and most importantly 3points.
 newhavenhibby
 Reply to this topic...

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

ri?ai=94c0ba1d-8a6a-42e5-b7c6-bb4dc2e4b618&ph=4264e74e-96f5-4f68-bc83-fec773b1ce7e&ts=2DAABBgABAAECAAIBAAsAAgAAAK8cGAptUExndlJ6OW9UHBbGv-r4yqbM6igW69ivytPV5KfkAQAcFqXS5Zqw1Iuncha5jfmO89-d1oIBABaGwOy9CxUCEQAsHBUIABwVCACMHBUIABwVAgAYDDEuMjk5MjQ1MTQyNQAAHCbE2-aCBBUEFQQmrKyZggQWoKyZggTWsAkAHCbytw0WgtwWFpret4EEFqCyqIAEFQgcFLQBFLALABUEFQgWsAkmsAlFCAAAAA

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I have absolutely no idea how he keeps the ball sometimes, he should lose it but bends over double and the opponents just can't get near the ball. I've never seen anything like it. 

Agree.

Completely different player and completely different method but the last player we had who sheltered the ball like that was Barry. Teams couldn’t get the ball off him but it was never clear why.....same with McGinn.

Do we know who scouted him ? And are there any more ‘ up there’ ! Worth his weight in gold if he keeps this up.

On 03/11/2018 at 12:39, terrytini said:

Agree.

Completely different player and completely different method but the last player we had who sheltered the ball like that was Barry. Teams couldn’t get the ball off him but it was never clear why.....same with McGinn.

Do we know who scouted him ? And are there any more ‘ up there’ ! Worth his weight in gold if he keeps this up.

Despite what you're led to believe yea there are lots of talented players up here. 

Agree.

We certainly haven't got anyone now and our midfield is struggling without McGinn ,  McGeouch ( went to Sunderland) and Allan (back to Celtic) from last year.

More often than not players who come down to England don't seem to really make it , Stewart to Birmingham for example last year, and one exception at present is Robertson at Liverpool.

Other players from abroad get a foothold up here before moving South eg:  Sol Bamba, Van Dijk etc

One attribute McGinn has ( amongst many) is his strength which you need if moving to the Championship or Premier league of which many young Scottish players lack and they are eased off the ball . 

If anyone else turns up at Hibs we will let the Villa scouts know. ?

• Like 4

Agree.

I believe Stan Ternant scouting him and made suggestion as he found Andrew Robertson up North. McGinn was being watched in Scotland by number of club as West Ham failed with £5.5mil bid for McGinn in January as David Moyes wanted him also likes of Brighton & Derby been watching him earlier this summer.

See my post on Jan Speculation for suggestions. Quite few good kids up there

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

I bet he scares the hell out of the opposition. Real terrier. He is like a Gattuso with a great left foot. I like how’s he’s making runs forward but I’d like to see him in the middle more breaking up play with Jack the one pushing on. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â