John McGinn

PompeyVillan

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m telling you now, unless Villa becomes a tour de force, this man is going to Man City and then Liverpool and then being one of the best central midfielders the world has ever seen. 

Or just stay at Villa on the journey to becoming one of the best clubs the world has ever seen (again) ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

His intensity is superb. Like a pitbull with two legs. 

By far my favourite player atm. 

Surely a pit bull with two legs is less superb than a pit bull with the regulation 4 legs ??..

• Haha 2

I love this bloke. The sort of player I can really get behind. Plus his shot today was the closest the ball’s come to my seat right st the back of the lower holte in the twelve years I’ve sat there ?

Hourihane is a good player to have waiting to come in, but we’ll miss him tuesday. 

Regarding the stray passes, he was always prone to do this but invariably he was trying to get the team going and get forward and often refused the obvious safe pass that may have been on which some players nearly always take. ( At Hibs anyway !)

As someone said if he has given the ball away he will give his all to try and get it back.

Edited by newhavenhibby
  • Like 1

There are times where he gets caught on the ball in positions where my heart is in my mouth, and for some of the stick Grealish gets for holding onto it too long I think McGinn can be even more guilty and in more dangerous areas at that. But on the whole you can't really say anything other than he's been a great signing for us, the guy's engine is non-stop and he's the type of midfielder that will really suit the type of style Smith will be looking to implement. Think we're a quality deep-lying player away from having a perfectly balanced midfield to go with him and Jack.

1 hour ago, JuanCrablo24 said:

What is this arse block/tackle he keeps doing, and why aren't more top players doing it? It is super effective!

Ah you have finally noticed how he shields the ball and more with his arse......you will get used to it as will the opposition. ?

• Like 1

There was one bit, first half, where he did his One Man Army thing on our left, put someone through who lost it, then just ‘ appeared’ wide out on our right.

Breathtaking..literally and figuratively!

Id swear he’s got a Wormhole out there he uses to get about so often and quickly !

Edited by terrytini

Â