18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Just thought, we've been involved in 3 of the craziest things to have happened this season in the Championship.R

• The 5-5 draw with Forest
  • Grealish getting attacked by a coward
  • Goal-gate on Sunday

The only big talking point from this season that I think we weren't directly involved in was spy-gate (Derby / Leeds)

No idea of the relevance of it all but it's nice to be interesting again.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We could easily be facing Leeds in the semi if they lose on the last day and WBA win. Oh how I would love to see them rock up at VP next Saturday and get absolutely rattled. Would much rather play them over 2 legs than at Wembley.

Perhaps, but Leeds playing Ipswich. 

Just now, GENTLEMAN said:

Perhaps, but Leeds playing Ipswich. 

They lost to Wigan at home a couple of weeks ago. They're rattled from Sunday and could have 1 eye on the playoffs.

Crazier things have happened, like Wolves losing 3-0 to Sunderland on the last day last season. 

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just thought, we've been involved in 3 of the craziest things to have happened this season in the Championship.R

• Goal-gate on Sunday

The only big talking point from this season that I think we weren't directly involved in was spy-gate (Derby / Leeds)

Don't forget the cabbage!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So Derby need a win against Swansea tomorrow night to be virtually guaranteed sixth spot. If they fail to win then the final day will be very interesting.

Derby - Baggies

Hull - Bristol City

Rotherham - Boro

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

• Goal-gate on Sunday

nowhere near the craziest thing of the season. Alan Hutton 2 league goals this season and both wondergoals

40 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Don't forget the cabbage

If we go up that cabbage wins player of the season an a statue should be erected outside villa park , turned our season around 

august-24-2017-liaocheng-china-the-9-meter-tall-sculpture-of-chinese-JA76MC.jpg

Edited by pete101
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly I'm so shocked we made the playoffs after that record breaking run, I can't decide whether to be positive or realistic about our chances in the playoffs. 

Honestly also I'm not even sure I want us to go up this season, part of me does and part of me doesn't.

Or is it that part of me doesn't want to admit that I want us to go up for fear of another failure :)

• Confused 1

I was too optimistic last season and naively expected our "experienced" squad to have an edge at Wember-ly.  I think the challenge is much harder this season, but I think we have the players and coaching staff to actually come out on top this time around.  You can see the desire and passion flowing through the squad now and the way we've been playing at both ends of the pitch lately is a joy to behold.  

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

So Derby need a win against Swansea tomorrow night to be virtually guaranteed sixth spot. If they fail to win then the final day will be very interesting.

Derby - Baggies

Hull - Bristol City

Rotherham - Boro

It will be interesting if Derby don't win tomorrow. If that's the case I fancy Boro to sneak in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

We have super rich owners. We want to go up, yeah?

Yes.

There are no upsides to staying relegated in the Championship. Which is how we should view it.

Not that I deny I have really enjoyed this season (and a lot of last) but we should do our darnedest to get back to where we belong, in the top league.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Yes.

There are no upsides to staying relegated in the Championship. Which is how we should view it.

Not that I deny I have really enjoyed this season (and a lot of last) but we should do our darnedest to get back to where we belong, in the top league.

Honestly, competing in the Championship has made me fall back in love with the Villa and football in general...  Watching our slow spiral down the Premier League table during the latter Lerner years was very disillusioning.  It didn't help to see clubs who were similar in size and had fanbases to ours, like Man City and Spurs, grow into billion dollar businesses during the same time period.  It finally feels like we have the right people in the right places in the club to not only take us back into the Premier League, but possibly back to European contention again.  You get the sense that it isn't a matter of "if" it's going to happen, but "when", now.

• Like 2