18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

The confidence is worrying me now, even I'm confident going into these playoffs and already in my head we are in the final. I hope the players aren't taking it as complacently as some of us fans.

I'm absolutely dreading these playoff games, as a neutral they are brilliant to watch and I am looking forward to watching the 3rd vs 6th game; but as we all know they are absolutely no fun when your team is in them. Those games against Boro last season were the most nerve wracking I've ever been to. One off day and the 46 games you have worked so hard in all season become meaningless.

That all being said we are this years Fulham, and a week's rest for some of this squad will do them the world of good going into next Saturday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You are a gingist sir. got to be some site rules preventing gingism surely??? MODS!

Most gingists are just ginge-curious - take it as a compliment

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You are a gingist sir. got to be some site rules preventing gingism surely??? MODS!

I don't mind gingers really just as long as they are not blatantly ginger right in front of me 😛

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where it say this mate? 

I think they will release season ticket seats not taken up on Sunday. 

It's on website when you go on there is very few seats. As you rightly say though there might be more available come Sunday if St holders can't attend. Can't see there being too many though. 

2 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Ifs and Buts 

I'm sure you are all as fed up of this as I am, but I don't want to be the cause of our unbeaten run ending.

Leeds to beat Ipswich 

Derby to draw to West Brom

Boro to beat Rotherham

Bristol to draw to Hull

Villa to beat Norwich 

3 - Leeds - 86 points

4 - West Brom - 81 points 

5 - Villa - 79 points

6 - Boro - 73 point

7 - Derby - 72 points

8 - Bristol - 70 points

Plus injuries and suspensions for baggie please 👍👍

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We could have a fully fit squad for the WBA game.  Is that the first time that will have happened all season?

I think Nyland would still be out, not that it matters too much when we have Steer, and Kalinic coming back for bench duties.

Edited by alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Who is St Holders? What was he canonised for?

Anyone who has attended every game over the last few years is a Saint as far as I am concerned. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

14 hours ago, Jareth said:

Most gingists are just ginge-curious - take it as a compliment

I do have a fetish if i'm honest...

Image result for sansa stark

Sansa Stark...... Shudders and drools....

We've lost least games of all the sides going into the playoffs. Infact only Norwich have lost less than us in the league, just too many draws on our part.

Our goals against column was embarrassing until recently due to our defence becoming very stingy, just 7 conceded in last 12 games which include a pen, a cross, and the cheat goal from dirty Leeds. Good form going into the playoffs, got to get back to Hawthorns with a couple of goals lead imo. My overriding feeling is we can do this and its our year.

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We've lost least games of all the sides going into the playoffs. Infact only Norwich have lost less than us in the league, just too many draws on our part.

Our goals against column was embarrassing until recently due to our defence becoming very stingy, just 7 conceded in last 12 games which include a pen, a cross, and the cheat goal from dirty Leeds. Good form going into the playoffs, got to get back to Hawthorns with a couple of goals lead imo. My overriding feeling is we can do this and its our year.

We haven’t won a game against a top 4 team. Playoffs good chance to change that.

55 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Forgot all about Nyland! 

I forget about him until I look at how close we are to the automatic promotion places and remember how many points his poor 'keeping cost us earlier in the season. 

We need to send a message to who ever we are playing in the play off semi's by destroying norwich city tomorrow. There should be no mercy.

I dont want any typical slow temp passing around at the back end of season rubbish tomorrow I want the team to put their boots on and turn up.

Lansbury should start tomorrow I want an early reducer on pukki from him similar to Vinny jones in the 88 cup final.... to set the tone of the game. and I don't want to see any sportsmanship either. the games gone mad! I want drop balls contested and no kicking it out even for head injuries. I want to see an exhibition of steamrollering tomorrow.

I dont want any team coming to villa park and winning trophys..... that would simply turn my stomach!

• Like 1