Jump to content

18/19 Race for Promotion


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

I think he got it spot on to nullify our attacking players, but failed to make Leeds particularly threatening in attack themselves. 

Leeds need a decent striker. They are crying out for a Tammy, Sharpe or Puki. 

Instead they have that scumbag Bamford. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't feed trolls. Only replies keep them coming back.

Tense match today. Not sure what we can do to get refs to look after Grealish. Maybe other players can take it turns getting at the ref. It was an assault today. Absolutely terrified of him clearly, very amusing.

With a full team, Tammy and Whelan back in we beat these thugs.

Thank you Tomas because you summed it up perfectly - they are thugs and we can beat them! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think he got it spot on to nullify our attacking players, but failed to make Leeds particularly threatening in attack themselves. 

It should be no surprise that two managers who have demonstrated their excellent capabilities in the Championship this season, played a game where the two teams cancelled each other out. That we matched Leeds on their ground in a game they had to win but we didn’t, could bode well but will probably have little meaning should we meet in May.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I think he got it spot on to nullify our attacking players, but failed to make Leeds particularly threatening in attack themselves. 

I don't get the Bielsa love-in. He's a good motivator but a whinger who reminds me of a poor Wenger when things aren't working out. 

Villa were the best team today until we went down to 10 men, which was a bad decision. We can beat Leeds at Wembley so we need to make sure we take care of the Baggies and then go hunting after these Yorkshire cheats. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So West brom. First leg at a packed villa Park. We really need to settle the score with the elite after what happened in earlier games. 

Let's hope Tammy has saved his best for these games as he has had two stinkers against them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So West brom. First leg at a packed villa Park. We really need to settle the score with the elite after what happened in earlier games. 

Let's hope Tammy has saved his best for these games as he has had two stinkers against them. 

I don’t know about anyone else, but I sure as shit hope this new nickname doesn’t stick.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I think you're having a nightmare Vive. It was the worst piece of sportmsmanship I've seen in years. That's why it shouldnt have counted, not offside.

Bielsa did the minimal required of him. Im not going to say honourable. Its his team of cheating, dirty playacting bastards. His club spying on teams training. If there is anything like karma or justice, the next time this scumbag club play Premier League Football, Mars will have a team.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The more I watch it back the more I think their goal shouldn’t have been wiped off. It was legit if onside. 

We need to learn from this and be more alert in the future.

How can it be legit? Ignoring the moral objections, it was offside!!!

I do agree that we should play to the whistle and not expect sportsmanship from a scummy team like Leeds.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bielsa gave us some justice in the moment by showing leadership and instructing his players to give a goal back to make things somewhat fair.

Automatic promotion was on the line, aside from top spot, the pinnacle for any club in the division, everything to be gained and a season of work on the line.

Bielsa's blood would have been both hot and rushing, same as everyone on the pitch, in the stadium, and concerned by the fixture. He didn't have to tell his players to step down..

So credit where it's due, we owe him that.. We also owe this, due to the nature of the game and the actions of Bielsa's men,  we owe Leeds a thorough beating next encounter..

Playoffs here we come..

Congratulations Dean Smith's Aston Villa. We're down for the crown.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Yeah. I think you're having a nightmare Vive. It was the worst piece of sportmsmanship I've seen in years. That's why it shouldnt have counted, not offside.

Bielsa did the minimal required of him. Im not going to say honourable. Its his team of cheating, dirty playacting bastards. His club spying on teams training. If there is anything like karma or justice, the next time this scumbag club play Premier League Football, Mars will have a team.

Maybe legit the wrong word. But it wasn’t like  Klich was through on goal he still had a bit to do. I just hate the fact they now look like the hero’s after giving us a goal back. Would have preferred to have felt robbed and ready for revenge. The injustice might have served us well. 

 The red card made me more angry, that was a disgrace from Bamford.

Anyway it’s over now. Bring on West Brom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Feck Leeds the dirty bunch of Sunday League pub-footballing cloggers. They couldn't live with Villa in that first half and simply chased shadows and kicked their way into the game. A stronger/better ref would have booked more or their players, given a penalty to Villa and, not sent our player off. 

Let's hope we get to the final and beat these cheating, dirty toe-rags at Wembley, hopefully with a better referee in charge!

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe legit the wrong word. But it wasn’t like  Klich was through on goal he still had a bit to do. I just hate the fact they now look like the hero’s after giving us a goal back. Would have preferred to have felt robbed and ready for revenge. The injustice might have served us well. 

 The red card made me more angry, that was a disgrace from Bamford.

Anyway it’s over now. Bring on West Brom.

They don’t look like the heroes mate.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe legit the wrong word. But it wasn’t like  Klich was through on goal he still had a bit to do. I just hate the fact they now look like the hero’s after giving us a goal back. Would have preferred to have felt robbed and ready for revenge. The injustice might have served us well. 

 The red card made me more angry, that was a disgrace from Bamford.

Anyway it’s over now. Bring on West Brom.

Who is saying they are heroes? they have embarrassed themselves and shown they have cheaters like Bamford. At least we will have that on the minds on the refs of that is the cup final. 

Edited by Demitri_C
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ifs and Buts (updated)

Doesn't matter anymore but it's turned into a superstition. 

 

West Brom to beat Rotherham - West Brom Win ❎

Boro to draw to Reading - Boro Win ❎

Bristol to draw to Derby - Derby Win ❓

Villa to beat Leeds - Draw ❎

 

Bristol to beat Millwall

Derby to draw to Swansea

 

3 - Leeds - 83 points

4 - West Brom - 80 points 

5 - Villa - 76 points - Confirmed

6 - Derby - 70 points

7 - Boro - 70 point

8 - Bristol - 66 points

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Ifs and Buts (updated)

Doesn't matter anymore but it's turned into a superstition. 

 

West Brom to beat Rotherham - West Brom Win ❎

Boro to draw to Reading - Boro Win ❎

Bristol to draw to Derby - Derby Win ❓

Villa to beat Leeds - Draw ❎

 

Bristol to beat Millwall

Derby to draw to Swansea

 

3 - Leeds - 83 points

4 - West Brom - 80 points 

5 - Villa - 76 points - Confirmed

6 - Derby - 70 points

7 - Boro - 70 point

8 - Bristol - 66 points

 

Yea,  you should continue to do this forever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â