18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Ends in a draw.

I know it’s still in Derby’s hands but to me it feels like it’s swung back towards Boro’s favour. I’m fairly confident Boro will beat Rotherham, Derby beating Baggies....not so sure.

All depends if Sandwell rest half the usuals, Will give pulis something to blame boro's shitness on dare say 

25 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Boro have the easier last game for sure. I don't think the baggies will give in so easily so Boro could sneak it on the last day. 

They might rest key players for next Saturday. Like we probably will. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They might rest key players for next Saturday. Like we probably will. 

It's a interesting one as Leeds might rest their players therefore West brom might think they can nick 3rd. Will certainly be intriging. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Eh.

He hasn't done a bad job, but he's taken a team that's a playoff side and nearly reached the playoffs (may yet do it).

Derby are always in and around the playoff picture. If he takes them up then he's done a very good job.

Still have to give him credit though, its very easy for things to fall apart in this league, the gap in quality from the better sides to the worse sides isnt as obvious as in the premier league.

You only have to look at Reading as an example, they were in the playoffs one year then almost got relegated the next. Our very own Brucey went from playoffs to midtable. Sheffield W went on a similar slide the year before.

Finishing in the playoffs would be a very good achievement for someone in their first year of management

Does anyone know when confirmation will be provided by the club for the kick off times for Saturday? And also the dates for the second leg? I am sure i saw it clarified a few weeks ago that 4th v 5th was 5.15pm on Saturday and then 7.45pm on the Wednesday but the club have stated this is all now "TBC".

I'm trying to focus on our games, but assuming results go as you'd predict, Leeds couldn't ask for an easier game than Boro. It's basically a bye. 

Boro won't drop points against Rotherham and Leeds won't against Ipswich, therefore Leeds v Boro and Villa v Boggies...

19 hours ago, terrytini said:

I hate to keep pointing this out but it’s still perfectly possible for Leeds and The Baggies to swap places. Only needs Baggies to Win and Leeds to lose.🙂

It's perfectly possible.

But leeds ARE playing Ipswich. Who are absolute turgid shite. 

So it's still pretty unlikley

4 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Can anyone enlighten us on the results between the following:

Leeds v Bristol c   (h&a)

Leeds v middlesboro (h&a)

Leeds v derby (h&a)

no

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Can anyone enlighten us on the results between the following:

Leeds v Bristol c   (h&a)

Leeds v middlesboro (h&a)

Leeds v derby (h&a)

Derby 1 - 4 Leeds 

Leeds 2 - 0 Derby

Leeds 0 - 0 Boro

Boro 1 - 1 Leeds

Leeds 2 - 0 Bristol City

Bristol City 0 - 1 Leeds

I would expect Derby to give a slightly better account of themselves this time - whether that would be enough to win is another matter...

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It's a interesting one as Leeds might rest their players therefore West brom might think they can nick 3rd. Will certainly be intriging. 

Ipswich wouldn't beat snow off a rope. Leeds ain't losing that .