18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

We are in the territory of every game being the biggest game of the season, especially if we have won the previous game to keep ourselves in the hunt.

We might feel as though we are timing are run of good form just right, but the same could be said for Preston, Sheff Wed and Forest, who are all actually in better form than us really. 

Its not too late for us, but I feel like we can probably only drop points in 2 games between now and the end of the season, which means we need to win 8. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we get into the playoffs, it'll show how poor this league is, we've only turned up for about half of our games

It will show how bad we are too, we are nowhere near the [far more deserving] top three, and being brutal, the playoff is a money spinning cup competition and bears no resemblance to the 46 game season which should be the true barometer of worthiness.

2 hours ago, GeordieVillan said:

We are in the territory of every game being the biggest game of the season, especially if we have won the previous game to keep ourselves in the hunt.

We might feel as though we are timing are run of good form just right, but the same could be said for Preston, Sheff Wed and Forest, who are all actually in better form than us really. 

Its not too late for us, but I feel like we can probably only drop points in 2 games between now and the end of the season, which means we need to win 8. 

pretty much my thoughts...and those 2 games cannot be against teams also fighting playoffs, so the next 2 are about as must win as they come

I wouldnt be surprised if 70-75 points is enough for the play-offs this season. Its also probably between 5th and 14th for the last 2 spots and teams will all take points off each other

• Like 1

We managed a run of 7 wins in a row last season which propelled us up the table. Only Leeds and Bristol have managed to do that this season. Norwich and Bristol have managed 6.

Could it be our turn?

edit: shef wed and Preston have gone 10 games unbeaten. The best this season was 13 for Bristol city. They are both due a defeat.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

44 minutes ago, Nigel said:

With the Baggies change in manager its not inconceivable they could be dragged into this too!

Incredible gamble for them at such an odd time!

It was such a bizarre move.

They will become a real laughing stock if they somehow missed out on the play offs altogether.

To quote Kevin Keegan "I would love it".

Jack's back and Tuanzebe and Lansbury are back in training, things seem to be picking up at just the right time. 

On 10/03/2019 at 15:35, Keyblade said:

Crazy thing is, we can actually be in the playoff positions this time next week and even possibly 1 point of Boro in 5th. That's how fast things can change in this league. 

Still on!