18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

Currently I can't see Axel or Chester getting into the team. That in itself is a fantastic problem to have.

Would you want Taylor in the heat of battle in potential play offs? Would rather Hause back there I think as that would help us play from the back more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

It's always been about us getting our act together and we can now see the work that DS has done since the January window to get this team into shape. We will get some bad luck, we'll probably pick up a couple of injuries, but so long as Jack stays fit we really do have a shot now.

We've had enough bad luck to last 2 seasons now.

I'm hoping it's the opposite and our golden run has begun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

The 3 games we've played against boro at Villa park ( league, league cup and playoff) have been awful games. Game is there to be won Saturday . They are on the ropes a bit, weird side, they don't look good but always do enough to be just inside the play offs but miles off automatic, atmosphere looks toxic there right now. Roundly booed preston equaliser.

Ayala also sent off and will miss our game although if there's one area of the pitch where they're not short of player it's in defence!

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Would you want Taylor in the heat of battle in potential play offs? Would rather Hause back there I think as that would help us play from the back more.

Agree. If we could get Chester or Axel back ASAP we could be even stronger at the back. Taylor has done ok but he is still a liability. 

He defended well today though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

What we have right now that the others don't have is squad depth. Derby basically relied on 2 kids all season in Mount and Wilson to win them games. One is injured, the other gone quiet. Bristol City - very thin squad. They can't afford to rotate their squad, though they don't play for weeks now, could just be what they need. We are right in this but can't afford the luxury of where we were this time last year. Think we were 4th. Chasing is a different ball game.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Like 3

Just now, Johnnyp said:

What we have right now that the others don't have is squad depth. Derby basically relied on 2 kids all season in Mount and Wilson to win them games. One is injured, the other gone quiet. Bristol City - very thin squad. They can't afford though they don't play for weeks now, could just be what they need. We are right in this but can't afford the luxury of where we were this time last year. Think we were 4th. Chasing is a different ball game.

Why are they not playing this weekend out of interest?

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hasn't done a lot wrong since he's been back in the side, defensively he has been sound.

Obviously will be great to have options on the bench in case his form drops during the run in.

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think this team is better than the one that bottled it last season. 

It was shit a couple of weeks ago 😉

• Like 1