18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bruce off to an exellent start to his Wednesday career.

He has but they've not really played anyone that good yet. They've got a run of us, forest, Leeds and Norwich coming up soon as well. 

Bristol City dropping points again, everything starting to fall into place, its pretty much in our own hands now. Next two games absolutely massive, can't wait! 

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Well 10 man Sheff Utd have beat Brentford and Bristols incredible form has nosedived off a cliff. Unlucky Lee Johnson👌

good night for us really, hopefully we can Do the business and send a statement out tomorrow

Definitely a good night for us, 3 points will be hard tomorrow though and if those above us win games in hand we are a long way off still.

Bristol result good for us, Derby have a tough fixture with Stoke tomorrow. 

All the chances we have had and blown the last few years, the tunnel lights which have been extinguished.  We have to make our own destiny tomorrow and do what we need to do for ourselves, it's time to step up to the plate. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

If's and But's

Started well, I wasn't expecting Bristol not to win!

Bristol to beat Ipswich -- Draw ✅

Boro to draw against Preston

Derby to draw against Stoke

Villa to beat Forest

5 - Boro - 59 points

6 - Derby - 56 points

7 - Bristol City - 55 points

8 - Villa - 54 points

9 - Forest - 53 points

Edited by wilko154
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

If's and But's

Started well, I wasn't expecting Bristol not to win!

Bristol to beat Ipswich -- Draw ✅

Boro to draw against Preston

Derby to draw against Stoke

Villa to beat Forest

5 - Boro - 59 points

6 - Derby - 56 points

6 - Bristol City - 55 points

8 - Villa - 54 points

9 - Forest - 53 points

That extra place in the playoff positions this year should really strengthen our cause

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bristol city are going to blow it. The Derby team we played is the worst team I’ve seen this season. My biggest fears are Sheffield Wed, Forest and us.

Wednesday’s fixtures in April will be tricky for them - (us, Forest, Leeds, Norwich, Bristol, Preston). Can’t see many wins from that run.

Forest may well make it, but they are incredibly inconsistent. This year they’ve beaten Leeds, Derby, both in form Brentford and Hull...but lost to Blues, Stoke, Reading. We’ll know more this time tomorrow.

I think we’ll fall short by a few points. But we have a chance. I reckon Sheff United will probably win the play offs anyway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bristol city are going to blow it. The Derby team we played is the worst team I’ve seen this season. My biggest fears are Sheffield Wed, Forest and us.

The worst thing about Forest and Sheffield Wednesday is that they are both managed by former managers of ours that would probably love to get one over on us by keeping us out of the play-offs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The worst thing about Forest and Sheffield Wednesday is that they are both managed by former managers of ours that would probably love to get one over on us by keeping us out of the play-offs. 

Like any of the other managers wouldnt want to get in the play offs over us?

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Like any of the other managers wouldnt want to get in the play offs over us?

I get what Rocker means.

Even if they had no chance of play offs themselves they would still love to get one over on us whilst also buggering our chances up too at the same time.

Don't think it's a cert Derby will beat Stoke tomorrow, they have only beaten Wigan in last two months after all.

I'd say Forest is a game we can't lose. If we do they likely go 6th and 5 points clear of us.

Would be happy with a point, Boro is the one we need to be winning especially as they've got a very tough game against in form Preston.

• Like 1

Quite happy for teams to be drawing right now, every time a team drops 2 points we have the chance to capatalise and gain 2 points.

Tonight is massive as we can take 3 points off Forest who are also up there. We then have the chance to do the same against Boro, Bristol City and Sheff Weds which would strengthen our playoff push, although it's a huge ask.

Currently we shouldn't be worried about anyone behind us in the league, it's all in our hands now.