18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

If Jack stays fit and we continue to play the way we have since he came back and similar to early in Smith's reign then I'm confident. Back then I thought automatics were well and truly on. It's great that we brought the deficit back so close as it didn't leave is with a mountain to climb a la 2017. Not many teams can stop is when we're in this form.

God, the difference Grealish makes to our fortunes and my general outlook on life!

We've still got some work to do but teams would be really worried about facing us at the moment. When we've had Jack fit since Smith took over, we've looked a class above every team we've played against.

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If Jack stays fit and we continue to play the way we have since he came back and similar to early in Smith's reign then I'm confident. Back then I thought automatics were well and truly on. It's great that we brought the deficit back so close as it didn't leave is with a mountain to climb a la 2017. Not many teams can stop is when we're in this form.

We look a lot more solid than we did for Smiths earlier good run. Back then we were conceding too many clear cut chances. Derby and Blues could have both been 2-0 up the games we beat them. I remember Chester clearing off the line v Bolton too. Then there’s the 5 v forest. 

Apart from Gardner’s miss against Blues I can’t remember too many clear cut chances being created against us in the last 3 games.

• Like 4

Boro won’t have the worst fixtures. But they play us, then Norwich and not sure when they play Bristol. They also play Forest. Apart from that, they play midtable and relegation teams. But still, Hull, Swansea and Stoke are tricky fixtures. You can’t also let the fact that relegation teams could do something, Ipswich has stopped Bristol and WBA although theyre almost gone.

14 hours ago, villarocker said:

But, I dare you to give credit to Smith for sorting out the centre back situation by bringing in Mings and Hause, who look absolutely immense, as well as bringing back Elphick. 

Remember, when Smith came in, Bruce had left him with an unfit Chester and Tuanxebe who had spent most of his Villa loan playing at right back. The back up was Jedinak. How could Smith possibly work with that and be expected to get winning results? 

We are better defensively and that allows our more attack-minded players to thrive. We've just taken 9 points from teams above us. 

You criticised Smith on Sunday for dropping McGinn. Tonight, McGinn came in and scored two. Would he have been as good had he played the whole game on Sunday? 

Yes i give hi credit or Hause and Mings.

Yes i do think he would been as good had he started against blues, why wouldn't he be?

Were still in with a shot of the automatics.

Win all our remaining games without dropping a point.

Bielsa Burnout.

The rest of the teams above us not winning between now and the end of the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We're playing great at the minute but the problem with Villa is, as soon as they give me that bit of hope and belief they have to mess it all up and we come crashing back down to earth. I'm nervous for Boro, it's such a vital moment in this season. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Leeds lose. The title is still on boys :D

God, won't feel confident in playing Leeds in a potential play off final.

They absolutely embarrassed us at Villa Park. Will never forget that game

Not happy with that. I was hoping Leeds and Norwich secure promotion as soon as possible so they don’t have anything to play for against us in the last two games.

also given de struggles leeds have gone through the last few years, I would sympathise with them getting back to the PL

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

God, won't feel confident in playing Leeds in a potential play off final.

They absolutely embarrassed us at Villa Park. Will never forget that game

We also had no Jack and 3 right backs in defence and Nyland in goal.  No chance would they do that again. 

• Like 2