18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Great result. We played pretty well attacking wise, and defensively we limited Forest to very little in terms of chances. 

Results also went our way, although as I said earlier - we aren’t the only ones with momentum - Sheff Wed and Preston will feel they are making a good run at the playoffs as well, and they both have very winnable games on Saturday.

Its wide open now, Saturday becomes the new biggest game of the season for us. Win that and it bring Boro back into the mix a bit, and all of a sudden there are 2 spots up for grabs. We basically need to win every game between now and Leeds, I don’t think we want to be under pressure in the last 2.

Good to be back in contention at least!

• Like 2

Do  we dare to dream?

I really think IF we make the play offs, we'll go all the way and win. I don't think anyone can do the double over us Then in the final, the experience of the play off finals last year will give us the edge to give us GLORY

• Like 1

I genuinely can't believe how this is on all of a sudden. Boro losing tonight makes even 5th up for grabs as well, mental.

Will likely say this until playoffs aren't possible but Saturday is absolutely massive. 

• Like 1

If's and But's

And onto the weekend we go...

Preston to draw to Blues

Ipswich to draw against Forest

Villa to beat Boro

5 - Boro - 58 points

6 - Villa - 57 points

7 - Derby - 56 points

8 - Bristol City - 55 points

9 - Preston - 55 points

Games in hand - Boro x 1, Derby x 1 & Bristol x 2

Out of almost nowhere we're looking very strong all over the park now, still got Axel and Chester to come back into the mix after international break aswell.

If we win on Saturday I can see us finishing 5th. Preston looking good bets for the last spot aswell.

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If Carling did weeks in football............ 

All the football stadia would have spontaneously combusted, villa would have folded and birmingham declared champions of the world .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Out of almost nowhere we're looking very strong all over the park now, still got Axel and Chester to come back into the mix after international break aswell.

If we win on Saturday I can see us finishing 5th. Preston looking good bets for the last spot aswell.

Currently I can't see Axel or Chester getting into the team. That in itself is a fantastic problem to have.

• Like 2

It's always been about us getting our act together and we can now see the work that DS has done since the January window to get this team into shape. We will get some bad luck, we'll probably pick up a couple of injuries, but so long as Jack stays fit we really do have a shot now.

2 minutes ago, Rodders said:

All the football stadia would have spontaneously combusted, villa would have folded and birmingham declared champions of the world .

Haha. Schoolboy error. 

The 3 games we've played against boro at Villa park ( league, league cup and playoff) have been awful games. Game is there to be won Saturday . They are on the ropes a bit, weird side, they don't look good but always do enough to be just inside the play offs but miles off automatic, atmosphere looks toxic there right now. Roundly booed preston equaliser.

• Like 1