18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Looks like Bristol city will have 2 games in hand on us after international break and derby will have 1. We really need to try and close this gap before then or it’s probably over.

That's not a good thing for Bristol. They will be playing 3 games a week for the run in. We need to add pressure to their results! 

14 hours ago, screwdriver said:

If we had a decent set of defenders last time we would have won 5-0.

We have this now.

I know we have not done well at the city ground since we come down but now Villa are a different animal. I think we can go there with no fear.

We have played 2 different styles now with jack back. It's almost as if smith has a championship manager style set up one for home and one for away.

We can go there with no fear and nick it.

All the shit that happened yesturday should have galvanised us. I saw Whelan getting stuck into the pitch invader, Hourihane giving it to some copper and Mings getting involved too. I was loving it! All this sort of strife is good and will strengthen their bond.

If you look back at the blues game we looked a bit rattled after the first half incident but we had the outstanding chances Gazi first half, Hourihane hit the bar, Greens header cleared off the line. So what Gardner has a couple of chances later the so called superstar che didnt turn up did he?   it was a comfortable 1 nil if you take away the emotions of the game. done a job.

We can go to forrest and do a job.

Grealish has 2 games under his belt, McGinn is back. Hause has slotted in well at centre half. We have momentum.  It's not barca away it's forrest. a team named after a tree. how scary is that.

First time I've ever read your post and agreed with it 😂

Good stuff!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I reckon as long as we are at least within 6 points off 6th by the time of the international break we’re in the mix. After the break hopefully we have a fully fit squad for for the remaining 8 games. 

6 points might be a bit too far, we might have to win 8 on the bounce if we're 6 adrift! Win tomorrow and other results go for us then the run required would be less insane. Away at Forest not going to be easy though at all.

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

6 points might be a bit too far, we might have to win 8 on the bounce if we're 6 adrift! Win tomorrow and other results go for us then the run required would be less insane. Away at Forest not going to be easy though at all.

Yeah 6 is probably as bad is it can get but then we play Bristol City which will a 6 pointer.  It so frustrating how far behind we have fallen. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So tonight we want Bolton, Sheff Utd and Ipswich to do the honours and help our position where possible.

But we also want sheff utd to tail off a bit as well so Leeds and Norwich are already promoted by the time we play them. 

A draw would probably be the best result in the Brentford game 🤔