John Terry

Farlz

Disappointed John has left, seems a bit sudden to me.

Thanks for everything John, and raising our profile....I too will follow your career with interest.

I think is some OTT posting as usual, somebody referred to him as a legend and another that he raised the club profile as if we were some plucky League 1 club

He was a decent player the one season he played and has been on a successful management team but we dont know his actual role. Yes he brought some professionalism to the squad but I think we will be ok. 

• Like 2

Swansea would have been a disastrous first move into management. They are losing all their valuable/expensive/good players. The previous manager worked wonders on a shoestring with excellent loans to plug the gap.. and it will be worse this year.

Swansea will do far worse this year whoever is in charge ...and I wouldn't be surprised by bottom half/relegation battle.

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Considering Smith's links to most of them, I think it's unlikely. No doubt one of the younger guys would take the step up, but I think Terry is more likely to end up with an experienced assistant in his first job.

Yeah he won't be taking Rich O'Kelly or Shakespeare, but the younger lads who probably do the majority of day to day stuff.

Cheers John, you’ve been a big part of the villa story in the last 4 years. No doubt you helped bring a winning mentality to the team that had been badly lost in the Championship. All the time he has gone about his role quietly and diligently which has no doubt been a shock to a few.
I do wonder if Shakespeare was actually brought in as his replacement last year but John decided to stay another year?

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

He's been great at the club, irrespective of how dislikeable he is as a person.

Sort of like how Leeds bang on about how Bamford should be in the England setup, even though the guy is and always will be a world class bell end.

Pretty different things entirely tbf.

One is a a racist, team mate wife shagging full kit rocket polisher.

The other got one of your boys sent off one time.

Sorry to see him go. He had a significant role to play in sorting out our defence for last season and he had the respect of our players, for what he had done as a player. He will look for two other results now, when he moves to another club. I expect him to be a top manager, having learnt his trade with us. Thanks JT! 

i.guim.co.uk/img/media/e54bfb2350e007637e46a4b1...  Aston Villa news: John Terry delivers prediction on Jack Grealish's future  - Daily Star John Terry says he wants to be Chelsea manager despite being assistant at Aston  Villa but he'd never go to Tottenham image.jpeg.fb24dadffe9a010f525d8f9dabab23d1.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Wasn't it an ex-girlfriend/ex-wife? not sure you still retain ownership rights over women when you break up these days.

Edited by blunther

21 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Bamford is a diving, cheating word removed - and has been shown to be that regularly.

As I said, it isn't like Terry is a likeable guy (he isn't) and neither is Bamford (as he also isn't).  Both have done well for our clubs, though.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

it isn't like Terry is a likeable guy (he isn't) and neither is Bamford (as he also isn't).  Both have done well for our clubs, though.

People who've actually met them say they are both nice guys. But in terms of football, though you're probably right.

I thought Bamford spoke really well in an interview about a number of things like BLM and stuff. Often the kind of winner mentality that top players have makes them seem less likeable than they are in their normal lives. I'm not saying they're saints or anything, just that "image" and reality are often very different.

Just now, blandy said:

People who've actually met them say they are both nice guys. But in terms of football, though you're probably right.

I thought Bamford spoke really well in an interview about a number of things like BLM and stuff. Often the kind of winner mentality that top players have makes them seem less likeable than they are in their normal lives. I'm not saying they're saints or anything, just that "image" and reality are often very different.

Yes, this is true.  I should state that I'm only referring to their football-linked side.

Bamford is a smart chap and possibly has lovely views on the world.  But, in football, he's a cheating word removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I think is some OTT posting as usual, somebody referred to him as a legend and another that he raised the club profile as if we were some plucky League 1 club

He was a decent player the one season he played and has been on a successful management team but we dont know his actual role. Yes he brought some professionalism to the squad but I think we will be ok. 

Agreed completely.

I also don't think it's a coincidence the defence improved markedly once Sharespeare came on board, I think Terry may be getting vastly more credit than he deserves, 

I’ve heard he’s left so he can go and comfort Colleen Rooney in her time of need 😉

Cannot knock his time - he was terrific in both roles and certainly a positive influence on our squad. 

Wish him well in his next endeavour!

1 hour ago, Rino8 said:

Ok I’ll raise you Lee Bowyer and Jonathan Woodgate, or maybe Saiz as i can’t recall Terry being banned for spitting at an opponent.

Hardly paragons of virtue are they?

• Confused 1

Â