John Terry

Farlz

Can't really say a bad word. He came in helped us improve and respect his reasoning for leaving. Far better now than mid season. I am sure Dean has known about this for a while and there have been plans put in place to replace his role.

• Like 1

I respect the fact he mentioned in his statement that he didn’t want to cause any disruption mid-season. For all his reputation with general football fans, he’s a class act IMO.

• Like 1

Sounds like it was his decision - Im guessing if he stayed much longer  it might have hampered his move into management "Oh Terry is happy at Villa" - He hints that nothing is imminent,  - I wonder if he may end up in a similar role at Chelsea .

Oh shit, I didn’t expect to read this when I opened this thread!

I’ve loved having JT at Villa, both as player and coach. I’m sure he’s been a huge influence on Mings and Konsa, and Jack too. Sad to see him go, but I wish him well. Hopefully he makes a better manager than his old pal, Lampard.

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Sounds like it was his decision - Im guessing if he stayed much longer  it might have hampered his move into management "Oh Terry is happy at Villa" - He hints that nothing is imminent,  - I wonder if he may end up in a similar role at Chelsea .

Nah I read his statement as saying he’s going for a manager job this season and doesn’t want to be leaving Villa in the lurch for it in November/January/whenever it comes up. He won’t go to another assistant role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Oh shit, I didn’t expect to read this when I opened this thread!

I’ve loved having JT at Villa, both as player and coach. I’m sure he’s been a huge influence on Mings and Konsa, and Jack too. Sad to see him go, but I wish him well. Hopefully he makes a better manager than his old pal, Lampard.

He’s done it the right way. Gained some good experience and not just jumped into a job that he would have got purely off the back of his playing career. He’s even done the right thing by us, he hasn’t spent months going to interviews when he was getting paid by us. He’s left as he arrived with his head held high. 

Proper bloke, thanks JT and good luck. 

• Like 2

I hope he stays away from our backroom coaches. The likelihood is whatever job he takes, he'll be offering them a job as assistant manager or first team coach.

It's the way it works, but it would still cause disturbance mid-season.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I hope he stays away from our backroom coaches. The likelihood is whatever job he takes, he'll be offering them a job as assistant manager or first team coach.

It's the way it works, but it would still cause disturbance mid-season.

Considering Smith's links to most of them, I think it's unlikely. No doubt one of the younger guys would take the step up, but I think Terry is more likely to end up with an experienced assistant in his first job.

Â