John Terry

Farlz

8 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Well done to John, he’s going about his coaching development the right way, rather than jumping in the deep end under prepared.

Some will question why he hasn’t taken the jump to management, but he’s developing and learning more just were he is. Some people aren’t meant to be Managers but can be very good coaches, it will be a dispcision he will have to make in the future. Can still see him hanging round for another couple of seasons.

the suggestion that he'll send his kids off to uni and then have a look at it sounds about right, gives him 3 years i think

he'll be linked to every job in the country between now and then though

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the suggestion that he'll send his kids off to uni and then have a look at it sounds about right, gives him 3 years i think

he'll be linked to every job in the country between now and then though

Hadn’t heard that rumour, but if true means he would have been a big part in taking a club from the middle of the Championship to European qualification. Pretty good learning curve.

• 4 weeks later...

Just seen it mentioned he wasn't at the game last night, as Smith had to be away as well that's odd. 

I also note there is nothing on his Instagram Villa related (I can't see stories, only the main page) but he usually puts up "back to work" type pictures when training returns.  

On his way somewhere? 

Maybe in the other thread I saw somebody wondering if he might end up at the Swans, doesn't seem likely given this

I think he sees out his contract and moves on next summer. Maybe if something exciting comes up around Christmas, maybe then but I think he's here for the year now.

I think Terry likes the role of assistant. He can still be part of the lads on the training ground. Can have a laugh and a joke and show the players how to defend. Then travels back to Chelsea without the pressure on him and enjoy his lifestyle. 
Wouldnt be surprised if he had a new contract in the next few weeks 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Maybe in the other thread I saw somebody wondering if he might end up at the Swans, doesn't seem likely given this

I think he sees out his contract and moves on next summer. Maybe if something exciting comes up around Christmas, maybe then but I think he's here for the year now.

You married too then? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think JT would have done a better job at Palace than Vieira will do

Not convinced by Vieira either, rather JT stay where he is though. Can see him as the Villa Manager one day.

• Like 1

Â