John Terry

Farlz

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Probably Jack has agreed to join his new club. Makes sense

He Gets It Kieran Culkin GIF by SuccessionHBO

JT moved to 'other football'! That's the first I knew of it when I saw that. Bit gutted about this. Best thing Steve Bruce ever did for this club, bringing in an actual professional for the rest of the squad to understand what the term meant.

Best of luck to him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

JT moved to 'other football'! That's the first I knew of it when I saw that. Bit gutted about this. Best thing Steve Bruce ever did for this club, bringing in an actual professional for the rest of the squad to understand what the term meant.

Best of luck to him.

Bruce did a lot of good things for the club, but we can't mention it!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he went when he did. 

• Like 2

On 28/07/2021 at 22:20, flamingsombrero said:

He's been absolutely fantastic but I still can't stand the guy and I'm pleased he's out the club.

So would you be happy to say of someone, he’s been total rubbish but I love the guy and I’m glad he’s staying at the club?

That makes about as much sense as your statement above.

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

So would you be happy to say of someone, he’s been total rubbish but I love the guy and I’m glad he’s staying at the club?

That makes about as much sense as your statement above.

I think the guys a prick. I'm not going to pretend he didn't do a good job though and my opinion of him as a person isn't going to change as a result of that. 

As for the other side of that coin plenty of people on here seemed to bloody love Jordan Bowery!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm actually pretty gutted he's gone. We're starting to bring in some big names and egos. I think he'd have been a real asset this year. 

Enter Ashley Young. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm actually pretty gutted he's gone. We're starting to bring in some big names and egos. I think he'd have been a real asset this year. 

I dont think the players we brought in have big egos though, they all seem professional and hard working. We also have people like Martinez and Mings that will take them down a peg or two

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont think the players we brought in have big egos though, they all seem professional and hard working. We also have people like Martinez and Mings that will take them down a peg or two

Ings as well. Meant to be an excellent character. 

Daily Hail aside, might have been an awkward article for Terry had he'd still been at the club :D 

Manchester City's new £100m man Jack Grealish reveals John Terry helped convince him to LEAVE Aston Villa after telling him 'there is nothing better than Champions League football'

Jack Grealish has revealed a conversation with John Terry helped convince him to leave Aston Villa and join Manchester City

The attacking midfielder, 25, became the most expensive English player of all time when he moved from hometown club Villa to the Premier League champions for a whopping £100million transfer fee on August 5. 

And as reported by the Sun, Grealish took heed of Terry's words when the Chelsea and England legend emphasised the prestige of playing European football to him.

He said: 'I remember speaking to John Terry at Villa and he said when you stand there and hear that Champions League anthem there is nothing better.

'It has been difficult watching (Champions League) games. I remember watching City v PSG last year and the first half was amazing. To be involved would be a dream come true.  

When you see a club paying that much for a player it means they trust and value you highly and see so much potential. Now I just hope I can repay this football club by winning as many titles as possible — and winning that trophy we all want. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9880501/Manchester-City-hotshot-Jack-Grealish-reveals-John-Terry-helped-convince-LEAVE-Aston-Villa.html

Â