Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Cant just blame taylor, the ball was wasted by everyone of them in the end or it wouldnt of gotten to penaltys.

When Taylor had a crack I thought maybe today is the day you score pal, but no, yet his shot wasn't as bas as others who had a crack and wasted there chances.

Just get down the byline and fizz a ball across the box, when you overlap, which you have improved on just get the ball into the danger area and quickly.

For the love of God stop trying to pick out passes in the final third. It may be the Dean Smith way but you are no good at it. You take far far too long to weigh up your options, by the time a chance has gone and you passing is horrific. 

Just deliver the ball.

• Like 3

Seems to have no idea what to do in the final third. 

All he has to do is whip a ball in like Elmo does. It's nothing fancy but Christ its better than waiting to be tackled or passing to the opposition 

Him and Green just need to practice crossing for the next week or so

Edited by Lord Willard
  • Like 2

Very poor going forward but he has been brilliant at the back. I don't mind him continuing to play or Hause coming in. Either way. El Ghazi on a good day doesn't always need an overlapping full back because he can go either way on to his right or left. When he is struggling though we need Taylor to do more.

On 15/05/2019 at 08:15, Lord Willard said:

All he has to do is whip a ball in like Elmo does. It's nothing fancy but Christ its better than waiting to be tackled or passing to the opposition 

So all he has to do is deliver a cross as well as probably the best crosser of the ball at the club?

I'd settle for him just flinging it in occasionally in hope. Which I know is what you meant. 

Dean obviously wants him in there.

I am not about to tell him how to do it......but I would play Hause.

Personally, I don't think spud is that good at defending either, he lets a few crosses come in and is liable to get dispossessed easily....always looks nervous to me and that can be dangerous and also contagious.

Edited by TRO

On 15/05/2019 at 08:15, Lord Willard said:

I know u say this because of the upcoming final, but a week for these two ain’t fixing nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, agreed, definitely.  He's not quite as defensively weak as he was, but he's poor going forward, and definitely isn't good enugh for the Premier League.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Yep, agreed, definitely.  He's not quite as defensively weak as he was, but he's poor going forward, and definitely isn't good enugh for the Premier League.

Good enough as a back up option but will be more a squad player than a starter I’d expect next season 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Good enough as a back up option but will be more a squad player than a starter I’d expect next season 

I don't think he is.  He'll be torn apart in the Premier League.

• Like 2

Must be one our most improved player this season. 

As everyone is saying, probably not good enough for prem (though he was really good for Swansea in the prem, just seemed to lose confidence after the Seamus Coleman incident) 
I appreciate and am thankful for his effort and workrate this season, thank you Neil Taylor, vital player in getting us back to the prem. 

Tayls was certainly much better in the run in than this time last year. I'd move him on though. He can't have that much long left on his deal considering he's been here since Jan 2017.

The 1 years left like him, Adomah, Kodj and obviously Hogan I'd let go of.

Keep him as back up, but if someone is willing to take him on then by all means sell him.

I just doubt anyone will come in for him unless it's one of the parachute boys chucking money about. I am pretty sure he has 2 years left at least of very good money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Risso said:

I don't think he is.  He'll be torn apart in the Premier League.

I am not big fan of Hause, but I think he'd be a better backup for LB than Taylor. At least Hause has some attributes that sets him apart in a pacy league like the Premier Leauge. Taylor is just bang average at everything. And that's being generous. 

I applaude Taylor for being part of the promotion team, but I think it's one of the players we should move on. Hause has enough strength and pace to be involved I think, but I'm just speculating here. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Â