Neil Taylor

One For The Road

:lol: Without meaning to take the piss, one the best balls he played today and best defensive moves he made at the same time was the ball he didn't touch.

He sold a dummy that allowed the ball to run down the line as he drew two of their players on infield, allowing El Ghazi to run on to it and run it to the corner. Smart play, well executed and ran some time down by enabling safe defending in the optimum part of the pitch - by the corner flag in their half.

• Like 2

Did well tidy, him and El Ghazi have been linking up well recently. 

Did anyone notice in the first half it appeared Lee Johnson was trying to wind him up from the technical area? Every time Taylor was near him, Johnson was out making hand movements, meant to be for his team, but it really looked like he was just trying to put Taylor off. (I do sit in the upper holte, so I may have been mistaken)

Neil has been absolutely awful for much of the season so to turn it around so dramatically over the last 5/6 games is credit to him. 

I don't know what has changed but I prefer this version.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Isn’t he the only out field player not to score this season (or at least one who’s played regularly). Bet he was desperate to have a free effort

Yeah commentators said he's never scored a senior goal! Can't believe we didn't let him have the free one :D

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah commentators said he's never scored a senior goal! Can't believe we didn't let him have the free one :D

He scored at Euro 2016 for Wales and think his only goal before that was in the Conference 😂😂

Surprised people thought he was solid today. I thought he was probably the worst Villa player on the pitch. Had two absolutely massive ball losses outside and inside the 16 yard box the last ten minutes. I still think he's a poor player, but maybe I am mistaken. 

8 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Surprised people thought he was solid today. I thought he was probably the worst Villa player on the pitch. Had two absolutely massive ball losses outside and inside the 16 yard box the last ten minutes. I still think he's a poor player, but maybe I am mistaken. 

Hard to criticise him while he has been a part of the unbeaten run.

However I have always thought he is one of the weak links.

I want Hause back there.

They targeted him in especially in the first half and most of their attacks were on that side.

He wasn't terrible but he has a tendency to allow to much space and time to his opponent.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

He wasn't terrible but he has a tendency to allow to much space and time to his opponent.

I think that is a tactic Smith employs, fullbacks on either side are narrow and allow wingers a lot of space. 

Yeah I thought he was pretty good again today, just about managed to stop himself from hurting the Leeds scum who scored.

I'm convinced he's going to score a big goal for us at some point in the playoffs, he's been getting into decent positions recently............I reckon that's why we didn't 'give' the goal to him yesterday, we and he are saving it for something truly memorable.

Â