Neil Taylor

One For The Road

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Thought they should of let him run the ball in seems he has never scored outside of the conference and Euro finals .. Would of been a nice gesture. 

He probably would of missed, I mean it wasn’t actually totally straight forward in the end

• 2 weeks later...

Just dreadful today. I don’t have an issue with his defensive game but his attacking play is the worst of any professional footballer I’ve ever seen. He makes Stephen Warnock look like Roberto Carlos.

• Like 3

I got into a debate with a few on here saying Hause has to start. 

He is absolutely useless when he crosses the half way line, but so many cant see it. The attacks were just breaking down every time he got the ball, and he kept receiving it! We might have scored 3 or 4 had Taylor not been playing today

• Like 1

Never looks comfortable on the ball. Lacks any ability to overlap and cross effectively. Attackers brush him off too easily, and get in behind him all too regularly. I honestly think Hause should be our left back now.

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

I got into a debate with a few on here saying Hause has to start. 

He is absolutely useless when he crosses the half way line, but so many cant see it. The attacks were just breaking down every time he got the ball, and he kept receiving it! We might have scored 3 or 4 had Taylor not been playing today

I don't rate Taylor a whole lot, but he has been part of our winning streak so I am probably wrong in that. My main issue with Hause is how stupidly one footed he is. Once you turn him on the wrong foot he is like an elephant on roller skates. I don't trust his positioning one bit. 

Don't get me wrong I am willing to give most players the time to improve and even prove me wrong, but I am not sure the last two matches in the season is that right time for it. Even if I think Taylor has been poor, I won't drop him now when he's been part of a very good run and we are 2 matches away from being a Premier League team again. 

32 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't rate Taylor a whole lot, but he has been part of our winning streak so I am probably wrong in that. My main issue with Hause is how stupidly one footed he is. Once you turn him on the wrong foot he is like an elephant on roller skates. I don't trust his positioning one bit. 

Don't get me wrong I am willing to give most players the time to improve and even prove me wrong, but I am not sure the last two matches in the season is that right time for it. Even if I think Taylor has been poor, I won't drop him now when he's been part of a very good run and we are 2 matches away from being a Premier League team again. 

Understand everything there.

But I think all the criticism of Hause can also be applied to Taylor. No right foot at all for poor Neil. The both are a bit ropey on the ball but Hause looks uglier doing it I think.

I'd start Hause next leg as he gives up extra defending set-pieces. That's the main way Albion will worry us you'd think.

Wtf? You guys are crazy. Start Hause at left back?

Taylor was very good defensively. Fair enough he lost the ball a few times in their half but apart from that he had a decent game. Did we see a peep out of Phillips and Murphy when they came on? No. Exactly.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Â