Neil Taylor

One For The Road

Laughably bad for at 12 months, but the last 5/6 weeks he beginning to look like the player we thought we had signed. 

Keep it up Neil  

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

He's got El Ghazi in front of him putting a shift in and he's got fully fit central defenders - with pace - alongside him.

A shame his delivery is inconsistent as defensively he's on top of his game at the moment.

To be fair mate, though Adomah he hadn't been great offensively for some time, I'd say he works at least as hard as El Ghazi defensively. 

Now Neil never got that same help from Kodjia, so maybe it's a mix of confidence, stability, and Mings next to him. 

His upturn in form has definitely coincided with EG holding down the LW position and Mings coming in at CB. 

Whatever it is, it's great to see. 

Edited by av1

9 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

I felt he lost his man for their goal today.  That aside, he was very good.

I do think we could and should bring in better though, promotion or not.

Saw a few people mention this in the post match, I actually think Elmo lost his man which stretched the back line and led to the centre backs not covering Taylors position for him.

He's been brilliant over the past few weeks, long may it contince.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Saw a few people mention this in the post match, I actually think Elmo lost his man which stretched the back line and led to the centre backs not covering Taylors position for him.

Yep the first goal was an Elmo/Hause mix up down the right

Still needs to try to block crosses a bit more.

He's improved from where he was but I'd still have been moving Hause across for him for the run-in.

Up to him to keep a returning Hause out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I’d still love to see this from a different angle. He must have been offside surely?

12 hours ago, chappy said:

Yep the first goal was an Elmo/Hause mix up down the right

Taylor may not be the only one who made a mistake but the guy who put the ball into the net ran in from our left side unopposed with taylor jogging about 3 yards behind him.

For me, he should have been busting a gut to get back and make a challenge and didnt.

Not seen much of the last few games but great to hear he's turned his form around.

I won't lie, I'd pretty much written him off. I think he's been awful for us.

But hold my hands up and say it sounds like he's really holding his own now. Fair play.

Pleased he's found a bit of decent form however regardless of which division we are in next season I hope we move him on and strengthen accordingly.

All hypothetical but should we get to the play-offs, I would feel more confident with a back four of Elmohamady, Tuanzebe, Mings and Hause (providing Chester is sidelined).

Hope he can keep putting in solid performances in the meantime, we know we have goals in our team, just need our defenders to stay switched on (unlike Elmo on Saturday!)

• Like 1

Hause has been better in that position for me, simple as that. I would say Hause has been brilliant at left back before he got shifted.

I don't trust Neil Taylor, I would trust him should we get to a play off final. He's just another Hutton, a brain fart, a lapse of concentration, an accident waiting to happen. 1-0 to Fulham.  The dream is over.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not seen much of the last few games but great to hear he's turned his form around.

I won't lie, I'd pretty much written him off. I think he's been awful for us.

But hold my hands up and say it sounds like he's really holding his own now. Fair play.

He has. Like you, not been a fan of his but he's definitely playing better - reminiscent of when he started at the club. In any case, he's not be good enough for the PL or the long term but if we can get some performances out of him now, it'll make it easier to shift him later down the line. 

I think he accepts his limitations and is now just making sure he puts a hell of a shift in every game. 

His defending has been good. He will never give you much from an attacking sense because he just doesn’t have it in him. You’ll see he is very quick to give the ball to an opponent and doesn’t take any unnecessary risks. 

I’m fine with that has long as he remains switched on from a defending perspective like in recent games.

Â