Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Kalinic badly injured, Lansbury badly injured, McCormack a waste of skin. Completely different scenarios. McCormack was a problem player try e other 2 have made no troubles. 

speaking of kalinic though, given the choice i'd rather have lansbury in the squad than him. don't get me wrong, i like kalinic, but we'd have to be very unlucky for the 3 keepers that are ahead of him will all get injured at the same time. i know heaton is already injured but he's back in training soon

CM is a position that requires much more rotation and more likely to get injuries

Edited by tomav84

5 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

There’s no reason why we can’t pay half his wages to go another club though, not his fault that the previous regime decided he was worth the money  

No ones going to pay even half his wages in the Championship, he'll leave next summer and probably earn a quarter (or even less than) of what he's on a week now.

Edited by zab6359

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

speaking of kalinic though, given the choice i'd rather have lansbury in the squad than him. don't get me wrong, i like kalinic, but we'd have to be very unlucky for the 3 keepers that are ahead of him will all get injured at the same time. i know heaton is already injured but he's back in training soon

CM is a position that requires much more rotation and more likely to get injuries

last season we used 4 goalkeepers in the league, I know we probably wont have the same luck again but still can see why club is worried

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

last season we used 4 goalkeepers in the league, I know we probably wont have the same luck again but still can see why club is worried

Indeed.  And it's easy to rotate outfield players into an unfamiliar position for the extreme circumstances we're talking about, Luiz can move forward,  Nakamba can replace him, Elmo could probably do a job in there too, amongst some of our other defenders.

You don't want anyone who isn't a gk playing in goal.

Edited by MrBlack

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Indeed.  And it's easy to rotate outfield players into an unfamiliar position for the extreme circumstances we're talking about, Luiz can move forward,  Nakamba can replace him, Elmo could probably do a job in there too, amongst some of our other defenders.

You don't want anyone who isn't a gk playing in goal.

Cash played cm before and winger. Just means guilbert or elmo starts rb with the other on the bench. 

If Lansbury had have been named in the squad instead of Kalinic it would have meant we'd only have two fit goalkeepers, a situation you don't really want even if only a short term thing, with covid going around and ruling players out of games, at some point it's probably going to affect us.

In midfield we've got Nakamba, Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane, Barkley, Jacob Ramsey, all ahead of HL8, and then Grealish and Cash who can play in central midfield as well if needed

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

If he doesn't ask for ridiculous wages there would be  at least half a dozen championship clubs who would be interested in him. He is only 30.

Why would he move for lower wages?

Not like he needs to kickstart his career. Not like he needs first team action to get into the england squad.

He’s winding down to the end of his career.  Kids are probably settled in school, and his short earning life as a footballer is almost over.

who in their right minds would give up a million pounds?

Anyone with an IQ of above 100 would sit out the last year of their contract, THEN move to a club on lower wages.

Edited by Thug

He could very well be joining Gabby, Hutton and Richards in retiring once their Aston Villa contract ends.

We've given them all hundreds of thousands more than they'd have made anywhere else. Why carry on when you can do no training and finally spend some of the money you've been gifted for not doing much.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He could very well be joining Gabby, Hutton and Richards in retiring once their Aston Villa contract ends.

We've given them all hundreds of thousands more than they'd have made anywhere else. Why carry on when you can do no training and finally spend some of the money you've been gifted for not doing much.

I’m genuinely hoping Lansbury will be the last of this sort of player. 

We’re finally being run in the right way. 

• Like 1

Current Kilmarnock player Chris Burke, ex Cardiff/ Nottingham Forest, Rotherham and ex Bloses winger was on  BBC Scotland Sport Radio last night and was asked a  number of quick fire questions ,one of which was, who is the biggest poser you played with in football ,straight away he replied.......Henri Lansbury !     Think that says it all .

We should make the most of it as long as he is still here and take advantage of his best attribute - that he is so good looking!

We should go all out using him as poster boy, make him pose in Villa gear in every ad possible. I bet having him looking deeply in the eyes would make any woman melt and become a Villa fan for life. Perhaps send him on a tour to asia going to malls and sign posters for teenage girls. Or hoover around places where divorced moms hang out and offer a helping hand in a Villa shirt. Bet it would compensate for his wages big time.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Kingman said:

Not many will splash out and take a chance on a 4th hand motor with a poor service history, high running costs and simply just not reliable anymore. 

I wish to god I had been as thoughtful when I bought my car 😔

I think people are missing the point. 

Who cares if the average wage is £20,000 / half his pay or whatever. 

If someone had paid only £5,000 pw it would have saved up £170k or so.   Every little helps. Might have offset the lack of Balti Pie sales. 

I think the money is so scarce though in The Championship, that no one is spending anything on anyone at the moment and who can blame them? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

If someone had paid only £5,000 pw it would have saved up £170k or so.   Every little helps. Might have offset the lack of Balti Pie sales. 

I think the money is so scarce though in The Championship, that no one is spending anything on anyone at the moment and who can blame them? 

I think your spot on. And £5k is about the maximum anyone will pay him at a guess. And yes, that's about 170k over the rest of his contract we'd save. And the other club are thinking this is what we'd pay - and then try and figure out how many times he'd play.

I don't know what he brings to training or the dressing room, but that's an expensive cheerleader. Maybe he gets a game in the FA Cup to give someone a rest if we get a non-league team. At home.
And we've seen with Nyland and Jota that we can agree early release (no doubt with us paying up, rightly) and they leave with apparent fondness for the club so everyone is happy enough.

And for this reason, I am convinced that come June, this guy retires.  

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

That assumes he would go to them.  Why get paid the same amount to have lumps kicked out of you in the championship when you can do nothing in luxurious surroundings in the PL?

I'm sure others have made this point already but when we signed Hourihane and Lansbury in the same window I'd have said Lansbury is a much better player and will turn out to be a bargain. But the two have gone in opposite directions. 

I also think he's so unlucky that the only prem goal he is ever going to score for us was ruled out by a terrible ref who didn't know what he was doing. 

I still like the lad, seems a good guy to have around the club! 

• Like 1

Â