Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

11 hours ago, Dale said:

Westwood was gone in the window after we went down. 

No he stayed until the January. Westwood-Gardner-Bacuna-Jedinak were the regular midfield combinations in the first half of that season and was so dire creatively, even for a Steve Bruce side so we were desperate to get to January and get some new midfielders in. Jack at that point wasn't even a regular starter either.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

No he stayed until the January. Westwood-Gardner-Bacuna-Jedinak were the regular midfield combinations in the first half of that season and was so dire creatively, even for a Steve Bruce side so we were desperate to get to January and get some new midfielders in. Jack at that point wasn't even a regular starter either.

What a midfield. Cant understand why we finished midtable 

On 28/10/2020 at 22:49, VillaChris said:

Yes, after looking like a prodigy in the PL (putting an Everton player on his arse with a trick) and destroying Liverpool at Wembley, he was treated as a bit part player.  Thanks fella's. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Got to check where the wonderful Bacuna is playing now, still a regular at Cardiff somehow

I know we realised it to a degree at the time, but it's only when you look back you realise how rubbish we were for 8/9 years. I've almost forgotten our inability to score (was it 10 games?) or defend (liverpool at home, or the period over Christmas one year).

There's players I've forgotten even played for us. We had a generation of 4/10 players and managers. I wouldn't include Bruce in that, because he started to turn the tide.

That's why I'm determined to enjoy watching the current team, may not be perfect but at least there's hope. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes, after looking like a prodigy in the PL (putting an Everton player on his arse with a trick) and destroying Liverpool at Wembley, he was treated as a bit part player.  Thanks fella's. 

Remi Garde and Di Matteo didnt seem to be a fan. 

Interesting how the 3 careers have turned out different. Maybe Southgate should be aware

• Like 1

On 28/10/2020 at 22:49, VillaChris said:

Yes you forget that for the first half of the season a lot of the team was the same side that got us relegated. The morale must have been terrible as  players like Westwood and Baker they had been in losing sides for years.

Edited by The Fun Factory

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes you forget that for the first half of the season a lot of the team was the same side that got us relegated. The morale must have been terrible as  players like Westwood and Baker they had been in losing sides for years.

Baker was out on loan during 15/16 genocide at least.

He came back and was far more solid alongside Chester than Elphick and we looked better.

Some of our early line ups do make the eyes bleed, forgot Cissokho was still with us until end of 2016 and Bunn was still getting the odd start in goal.

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Lansbury in the team talk meeting tonight;

Six Favorite Christmas Movies - Sharing Horizons

(stolen)

I don’t really want to see Henri anywhere near the match squad for tonight. He chose to sideline himself from football when he turned down the offer on the remainder of his contract and any loans. Well within his right, of course. But we don’t need that type of player around our future players. Henri chose finance over football, let him stay where he is. 

I'm pretty sure that Lansbury won't play, we know that we're going to lose, so this game is just being used as another chance to give the U23/18 players the experience of playing in a competitive competition and against a team that for the most part will probably be better than any they've faced before, even if Liverpool play a weakend team.

Would be pointless for one of our young midfielders that we're hoping will play a big part in our future to have to miss out on that experience, just to give Lansbury a game, player that will most probably leave in a few months, and it's not as if Lansbury himself would be the difference between winning and losing.

3 hours ago, useless said:

I'm pretty sure that Lansbury won't play, we know that we're going to lose, so this game is just being used as another chance to give the U23/18 players the experience of playing in a competitive competition and against a team that for the most part will probably be better than any they've faced before, even if Liverpool play a weakend team.

Would be pointless for one of our young midfielders that we're hoping will play a big part in our future to have to miss out on that experience, just to give Lansbury a game, player that will most probably leave in a few months, and it's not as if Lansbury himself would be the difference between winning and losing.

Great time to see what these youngster can do, imagine if they were to beat pool, slim odds but omg that'd be insane lol.

They do have a massive opportunity here to show themselves against better players and Smith can see what they got.

Â