Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

24 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There’s still that bastarding medical. Don’t let them realise that his knees are worthless and that he can only stand because of his own sense of self satisfaction

I think medicals are for deeper lying issues than that

I think Steve Round and Wyness might have had a lot to do with us signing Lansbury.

I remember Wyness saying before Bruce even arrived at the club that we were making a point of signing players that had either previously won promotion, or that were captains of their side, I think Henri met both criteria. Not a good strategy really, just signing players because they're captians or have won promotion and throwing them together hoping they'll click.

feels like an end of an era. lansbury and conor leaving, elmo and taylor at end of the season most probably. sad in a way, they've been good servants...never chatted shit about the club, never caused trouble, we're just moving onwards and upwards.

bear in mind lansbury for all intents and purposes earnt us a point at palace last season. good luck to him...hope he revives his career.

• Like 4

At the time we signed him, I thought he was exactly what we needed, but he never got going under Bruce. Then when Smith came in, he ended up playing a bit of a role at the end of the promotion season, and you could see there was a glimmer of hope, then he got robbed at Palace, then he got injured and never made it back. Spent a lot of the time injured really.

I think he's a talented player, but it hasn't worked out, and it's overdue. Wish him better luck for the future.

• Like 2

Â