Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

I imagine we will come to some arrangement with him to terminate early. 

I imagine so, and to be fair to Dean and the coaches they helped Jota to match fitness before termination and also Nyland , Lansbury had some game time to get up to sharpness so if we terminate and he finds a club he’s ready o go , a better example than freezing them out and forcing them to train with u20’s 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, av1 said:

No, only one reason - his isn't good enough..

Harsh.
It's fair to say he isn't, and probably would never have been, good enough for our current midfield.
But...He has had a lot of injuries, and he himself has said that his hamstrings are knackered. If a professional athlete can't train consistently and properly - they will inevitably struggle, irrespective of ability.

(Unless they are God).

Surely he could have gone SOMEWHERE even if they only paid a fraction of his wages.  I would have thought he would have wanted to be in the shop window. 

I guess money is SO tight outside of the PL that no teams are taking on anyone.  Andre Green seems unable to find a club. 

We've probably been unlucky with Covid in terms of getting players out on loan to mitigate their wages. 

If he's depressed about not playing I'm sure he could find a place somewhere to play at peppercorn wages till the Covid ban is lifted. He's not going to be short of a bob or 2.

Another example of the ludicrous packages we offered players that literally no one else would go remotely close to matching. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

surprised he didn’t go out on loan this season. 

Currently an expensive Cheerleader but not as expensive as Ozil who has suffered the same indignity at Arsenal 

Literally a passenger who is running at 3 miles per hour.

I'm sorry Henri but you are past your best days. Time to move on.

As far as I'm aware even if we terminate Lansbury's contract he won't be able to join another club until the transfer window reopens, if his contract had have been terminated during the window he would have been free to move to another club whenever he wanted. Which is why we cancelled Nyland's and Jota's deals before the window closed, Nyland hasn't got a new club yet, but would be allowed to sign for someone else because his deal was terminated when the transfer window was still open.

1 minute ago, useless said:

As far as I'm aware even if we terminate Lansbury's contract he won't be able to join another club until the transfer window reopens, if his contract had have been terminated during the window he would have been free to move to another club whenever he wanted. Which is why we cancelled Nyland's and Jota's deals before the window closed, Nyland hasn't got a new club yet, but would be allowed to sign for someone else because his deal was terminated when the transfer window was still open.

Even stranger then that lansbury is still around......

Wonder if we tried to loan him with no success, maybe even offered him a mutual termination, or a reduced terms termination.....and he said nope.

3 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

How old is Lansbury? He must be devastated at the way his career has panned out.

If I was him I would be absolutely delighted. Earning 20-40k a week for the last 3 years for a player with his ability and his injuries is the stuff dream's are made of. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Wonder if we tried to loan him with no success, maybe even offered him a mutual termination, or a reduced terms termination.....and he said nope.

I mean it's a total loss if we keep writing off contracts, maybe we'd be pushing FFP a bit

11 hours ago, useless said:

That’s correct.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

How long left on his contract? Anyway I have no problem with the guy, feels a shame his career went nowhere but he has always played to his best. Sadly he just lacks the athleticism for this league. 

June 21, end of this season according to transfermarkt

• Like 1

Frustrating one this. Really was buzzing when we signed him as I always rated him when I see him play for Forest. I did keep an extra eye out for him as I have a couple of pals who know him well from the Hertfordshire area. 

It just never seemed to work for him at Villa. It could of been the then managers system mixed with the injuries or could of been an enemy of his own downfall with lack of effort but I really wouldn’t want to speculate that as he comes across, and I’ve heard first hand, he’s a really down to earth and honest bloke (flashy trims and tattoos aside). 

I think Smith actually rates him as whenever he was back fit for us in our last championship season he always seemed to be the first sub on to change or freshen up a game. But, it has to be his injuries, surely?

Or maybe I’m totally wrong and the CC games really were his chance to fight for a place in the team and he didn’t?

I do feel sorry for him (I know he’s paid handsomely) as I really do feel he could’ve played a part over the last 18-24 months and who knows where he could’ve been come now? 

I hope he gets a move to a decent club and has a good few last seasons before he hangs them up to prove he is still a talent. 

Regardless what we all think the social media bashing was disgusting by the way. 

Hopefully it’s a painless process and he gets a move ASAP. 

What league could he move to, if any, before the January window opens? I assume the logic of him rejecting a reduced settlement to terminate his contract early is sound,  so don't see him moving before the contract expires unless he has a guaranteed move agreed.

Guess he could get one agreed to start in January, but maybe a different country, with a different window,  and a penchant for signing premier league has beens on extortionate wages would be just the ticket for him. 

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I think this is most likely.

If he had any options for a move of his choice I believe he would have had his contract terminated like Nyland and Jota during the window. Especially once Barkley arrived.  I think he has decided to dig in and ensure the club honour his contract above all. What it does indicate is that he has no faith in finding a club as a free agent and that he is happy enough to do nothing. That's how I'm interpreting this, unless I'm missing something?

Â