Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

39 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I dunno. Just feel we're worse than most.

We’re really not, you’re probably just exposed to more Villa stuff.

Unfortunately football attracts the lowest calibre of people, but they’re pretty evenly spread across clubs. 

Just now, Trickster said:

If people always bring up the 'wage' reason why they should have the right to direct abuse, then I wonded why they bother with professional sports at all to be interested, it's obviously making lots pretty miserable beings.

Was just about to write the same. Football is no longer a game for the common folk. It is one of the most profitable entities in the world for companies and they will pay for those rights. These football players are a commodity and deserved to be payed as such. Now should any of them be making more than 1 million pounds a year? Probably not but I don't see any of us complaining about when we sign a new player. They bring joy to millions and that is worth what they earn. 

53 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Slightly controversial opinion:

I would never direct abuse towards a player as it’s pointless but...

At the end of the day, these players are getting paid 40k-80k a week whilst people are undeservingly being made redundant. Criticism is part and parcel of the game, although there is obviously a line people shouldn’t cross. If you can’t ignore/deal with it, then get out the club. You’d be doing BOTH the club and the fans a huge favour. 

We the fans don't pay their wages. Why does it matter at all what they get paid?

They're still human beings and they deserve to be treated as such. It's really not a lot to ask; criticize his performance in the context of the team, but don't make it about him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trickster said:

I find anyone that starts a post with 'Slightly controversial opinion....' knows what they are doing. This is not 'criticism', and it's a tired excuse to say it's part and parcel of the game. That's just making it much more ok to do. It's full on abuse, and a lot of it pretty despicable. Telling someone to get out of a club if they 'can't handle it' is outrageous and disgusting tbh.

If people always bring up the 'wage' reason why they should have the right to direct abuse, then I wonder why they bother with professional sports at all to be interested in, it's obviously making lots pretty bitter, miserable beings.

Okay then we should ban any negativity towards anyone then? Starting with Southgate? 

Just now, Greenfly said:

We the fans don't pay their wages. Why does it matter at all what they get paid?

They're still human beings and they deserve to be treated as such. It's really not a lot to ask; criticize his performance in the context of the team, but don't make it about him.

Please make this statement when you see a negative comment about Southgate, and not just when our players decide to stay off Twitter 

3 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Okay then we should ban any negativity towards anyone then? Starting with Southgate? 

Negativity? Nothing to do with negativity, it's not even in the same stratosphere as 'negativity'. If you can't see the difference then I really don't know. Wow.

Abuse towards Southgate on Twitter in the same way is equally scummy.

Edited by Trickster

Just now, SeanVilla said:

Please make this statement when you see a negative comment about Southgate, and not just when our players decide to stay off Twitter 

It's the same concept. We're allowed to question why he wouldn't pick Grealish for his squad for example, but we're not allowed to call him a prick for it.

1 minute ago, Trickster said:

Negativity? Nothing to do with negativity, it's not even in the same stratosphere as 'negativity'. If you can't see the difference then I really don't know. Wow.

Abuse towards Southgate on Twitter in the same way is equally scummy.

I’m assuming you’ve seen this abuse then? Can you find an example? I’ve not seen it, as I said there’s obviously a line but saying someone has been crap/shouldn’t put on the shirt again IS part and parcel of Twitter and people are entitled to express that. 

4 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

It's the same concept. We're allowed to question why he wouldn't pick Grealish for his squad for example, but we're not allowed to call him a prick for it.

Really? Fair enough mate, we live in different worlds

3 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Really? Fair enough mate, we live in different worlds

You honestly think it's ok to verbally abuse somebody because they have a different opinion to you?

Just now, Greenfly said:

You honestly think it's ok to verbally abuse somebody because they have a different opinion to you?

If I think Southgate is a prick for say not picking Grealish I should be allowed to post that on here... yes 

I think the difference is the way its delivered. I think Southgate was a whopper for not picking Jack. I said it on here. I wouldn't shout it at him in the streets or message him personally on Social Media saying that. 

• Like 1

No quotes, no links, no facts but I hope they are correct. He is no where near good enough for any role in this current squad and should not take up one of the 25 squad places. Still have to find someone to take over at least part of his wages of course unless we want to pay him off.

Aston Villa star Henri Lansbury is set to leave before next week’s transfer window closes, Football Insider understands.

The Midlands giants are keen to get the attacking midfielder, 29, off their wage bill after he dropped out of the first-team reckoning. 

A Villa source has told Football Insider that the club are listening to offers for Lansbury ahead of his contract expiring next summer.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-aston-villa-40k-a-wk-star-set-to-leave-permanent-move-possible/

Forest fans thought's on Noel Whelan's suggestion they should re-sign Lansbury.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-transfer-news-lansbury-4595586

Nottingham Forest fans have been reacting to the suggestion Chris Hughton should bring Henri Lansbury back to the City Ground.

Former Leeds United striker Noel Whelan has urged the Reds to re-sign the 29-year-old midfielder from Aston Villa.

Lansbury left Forest to join Villa in 2017, but is said to have been made available for transfer by the Premier League club.

“I would be looking very closely as a Championship club," said Whelan, speaking to Football Insider.

“Forest might. Forest could do with someone like Henri Lansbury back there to be quite honest with you.

"You’re talking about a midfield player with quality, aggression, creativity, set-piece taking.”

Here's how Forest fans have been reacting on Twitter:

PeterB: Please god no! We have 40 games left I cannot cope with his 4 games where he will be a world beater and then other 36 you would not know he’s playing!

Cameron Clark: Just no.

Midlands red: No thank you

Phil Harrison: NO, just no

bosstrade: No. He left. Move in.

Ian: Rather have Carvalho back than Lansbury

barry: Tbf him in a team with colback, lolly, grabs could be very good.

Perry: Only turned up when he wanted to. I'd rather not personally

jay nffc: No thanks 1 good game out of 6

Edited by Villan4Life

On 08/10/2020 at 16:33, sne said:

No quotes, no links, no facts but I hope they are correct. He is no where near good enough for any role in this current squad and should not take up one of the 25 squad places. Still have to find someone to take over at least part of his wages of course unless we want to pay him off.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-aston-villa-40k-a-wk-star-set-to-leave-permanent-move-possible/

Can't see anyone daft enough to take him on a loan unless we pay pretty much all of his wages, and at that point, what's the point?

Here's hoping though.

On 03/10/2020 at 10:54, Xela said:

I think the difference is the way its delivered. I think Southgate was a whopper for not picking Jack. I said it on here. I wouldn't shout it at him in the streets or message him personally on Social Media saying that. 

He doesn’t respond anyway

Â