Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, useless said:

Showing faith in Jacob Ramsey to step in should he be needed.

Precisely, Ramsey would be an option regardless of whether Lansbury had have been named in the squad or not, but him not being there means that if any of Barkley, McGinn or Hourihane have an injury then Ramsey will be next in line and there will be no question of Lansbury being preferred as he won't be available.

Edited by useless

33 minutes ago, useless said:

Precisely, Ramsey would be an option regardless of whether Lansbury had have been named in the squad or not, but him not being there means that if any of Barkley, McGinn or Hourihane have an injury then Ramsey will be next in line and there will be no question of Lansbury being preferred as he won't be available.

Yep Ramsey at his age doesn't need to be registered so it's not a case of him in lansbury out

But at the same time it's a huge vote of confidence for the kid 

2 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I imagine we will come to some arrangement with him to terminate early. 

I genuinely feel sorry for Lans - a good guy who's apparently a big positive in the team but for whom it just hasn't worked out for a combination of reasons. Good luck and thank you from my perspective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn’t be that devastated if I got to retire at 30 with a £7m pension. 

Agreed.

But that's not the way that we work as individuals - we want motivation, targets, achievements.

I understand your point but it's like saying Stan Collymore can't be depressed because he's rich.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Tomsub said:

I genuinely feel sorry for Lans - a good guy who's apparently a big positive in the team but for whom it just hasn't worked out for a combination of reasons. Good luck and thank you from my perspective.

No, only one reason - his isn't good enough..

Dread to think how much he has cost us with his wages and transfer fee since signing, isn’t he out of contract at the end of the season? If so would hope we do what we did with nyland and Jota and do a deal to terminate it early

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

surprised he didn’t go out on loan this season. 

Currently an expensive Cheerleader but not as expensive as Ozil who has suffered the same indignity at Arsenal 

I would bet they did try to loan or get rid and just couldn't ship him out.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

surprised he didn’t go out on loan this season. 

Currently an expensive Cheerleader but not as expensive as Ozil who has suffered the same indignity at Arsenal 

Or Phil Jones at United.

Â