Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

Express & Star are reporting that Bruce has confirmed our interest in Lansbury, so I figured a speculation thread is in order.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2017/01/05/january-transfer-window-steve-bruce-confirms-aston-villa-approach-for-henri-lansbury/

January transfer window: Steve Bruce confirms Aston Villa approach for Henri Lansbury

Steve Bruce has confirmed Villa have made an approach for Nottingham Forest midfielder Henri Lansbury.

The 25-year-old is one of several potential targets as the Villa boss looks to strengthen his midfield during the January transfer window.

Villa are thought to have made an offer of around £3million earlier this week and Bruce confirmed the club were now awaiting a response.

“We have made an enquiry for Lansbury,” he said. “That is all we have done. That is far as it has gone so far.

“There are a few we are looking at. Nothing more than that.”

The manager laughed off reports of Villa making a bid for Brighton midfielder Dale Stephens.

Can't see Forest playing ball at £3 million.

If Watford are in for him too, he'll end up there. Realistically, Derby may look a better bet for promotion if he's happy to stay in the Championship. 

Don't see this one coming off.  And from what I've heard about him, not sure I'd be too devastated either. 

20 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

It's a dessert you can get at McDonald's comprising of Skimmed MILK, Sugar, Cream (MILK), Whey Powder (MILK), Glucose Syrup, Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Carrageenan), Emulsifier (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Flavouring. and some kind of added confectionery, usually chocolate-based, mixed together.

Om, nom, nom.

1 hour ago, HolteExile said:

Can't see Forest playing ball at £3 million.

I can. His contract is out in the summer so they are lucky to get £3m when he could leave for nothing. 

Welcome aboard Henry, and take note how your name should be spelled. 

Edited by villa89

7 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Is he any good? what is his strenght and what is his weakness?

Henri Lansbury Characteristics

+ Strengths

Long shots
Strong
Key passes
Strong
Taking set-pieces
Strong
Blocking the ball
Strong

- Weaknesses

Crossing
Weak
Discipline
Weak
Concentration
Weak

Henri Lansbury's Style of Play

• Likes to play long balls
  • Plays the ball off the ground often
  • Commits fouls often
© WhoScored.com

* Strengths, weaknesses and styles are calculated from the current season statistics

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/32858

• Like 4

Â