If this team we're putting out tonight beats Liverpool I think it would possibly be the biggest cup upset of all time. We'd be second favorites against any league side never mind Liverpool.

Lansbury could do with finding himself a new team this month, but with him having played so little football I'm not sure there will be much interest.

Tonight’s performance just goes to show how, until the end of last summer, Henri had been stealing a living and blocking the progression of younger prospects. Watching players run their socks off, defend like their lives depended on it and generally gave a damn about their performance, is in complete contrast to Henri’s last performance in a Villa shirt in the League Cup earlier this year. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The fact he got a four-and-a-half-year contract at 26 shows had badly run we were in 2017.

Well shows Bruce and Wyness were so inept, Lansbury was not that great at Forest for example

Edited by Zatman
9 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Tonight’s performance just goes to show how, until the end of last summer, Henri had been stealing a living and blocking the progression of younger prospects. Watching players run their socks off, defend like their lives depended on it and generally gave a damn about their performance, is in complete contrast to Henri’s last performance in a Villa shirt in the League Cup earlier this year. 

Not really true. Henri always played well in the cups. Though yes he did have a stinker.

Also last year he featured in the league. Did we want to be in a  position last year of playing 16 and 17 year olds?

Henri needs to do one now for himself and Villa but come on mate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really true. Henri always played well in the cups. Though yes he did have a stinker.

Also last year he featured in the league. Did we want to be in a  position last year of playing 16 and 17 year olds?

Henri needs to do one now for himself and Villa but come on mate.

Fair point, Rodders. My posts about Henri are full of an unnecessary amount of bile towards the man, tbh: we can see the club progressing nicely and he’s a constant reminder of days that I’d rather forget. More than that, he’s everything I dislike about modern football.

But I take the point that my post was a bit ott 

On 09/01/2021 at 09:08, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Fair point, Rodders. My posts about Henri are full of an unnecessary amount of bile towards the man, tbh: we can see the club progressing nicely and he’s a constant reminder of days that I’d rather forget. More than that, he’s everything I dislike about modern football.

But I take the point that my post was a bit ott 

To be fair to him he looks fantastic doing whatever he is doing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

some young lad called henri lansbury scored for the u23s tonight. never heard of him before but already has 133 pages on villatalk. definitely one to watch i reckon.

On 06/01/2017 at 07:31, Demitri_C said:

I think  midfield three of lansbury jedinak and tishbola is very strong. Hopefully the end of us seeing gardwood the flop twosome partnership

Fat fingers meant I've just accidentally pressed page 3 rather than the thread title and this was the first post..

Not having a pop Dem, it's just incredible how far we've come. 

• Haha 3

• VT Supporter
On 08/01/2021 at 22:08, The_Steve said:

The fact he got a four-and-a-half-year contract at 26 shows had badly run we were in 2017.

Nothing wrong with giving a four and a half year contract to a player who is 26. The problem was giving it to that particular player. Plenty of other bad decisions we made in 2017 too. Happily in the past now. 

• Like 3

We knew we were going to lose to Liverpool in the FA Cup regardless of whether Lansbury was playing or not, so pointless to play him when you could give that experience to one of the youngsters.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, av1 said:

Fat fingers meant I've just accidentally pressed page 3 rather than the thread title and this was the first post..

Not having a pop Dem, it's just incredible how far we've come. 

Omg i need to wash my mouth out. Comparing that to our existing three damn.

Thats a league one midfield 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Zatman said:

If the training ground is still closed and he played, does this mean he was available for the Liverpool game? 

he didn't get a squad number, not sure if that means he couldn't play in the prem only or cups as well

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Lansbola sounds like a virus for plants, probably more effective than a midfield of Henri and Tishbola

this sums up this signing, and time at the club....literally in one word.

tbh....delete all pages in this thread, and have a single post explaining all the years he has been here.

Lansbola.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â