Henri Lansbury

Phumfeinz

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

That’s correct.

i thought free agents could join pretty much whenever? maybe not for a prem team (which isn't going to happen for HL anyway) but championship teams?

43 Registration of Players

43.1  Unless otherwise permitted by Regulation 43.2, registrations of Players are only permitted during a Transfer Window.

43.2  Subject always to the provisions of Regulation 43.3, after the expiry of each Transfer Window in each Season registrations of Players and transfers of registrations will, except as permitted in Regulation 57, be declined or will only be approved:

43.2.1  where the Player is an Out of Registration Player;

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think this is most likely.

If he had any options for a move of his choice I believe he would have had his contract terminated like Nyland and Jota during the window. Especially once Barkley arrived.  I think he has decided to dig in and ensure the club honour his contract above all. What it does indicate is that he has no faith in finding a club as a free agent and that he is happy enough to do nothing. That's how I'm interpreting this, unless I'm missing something?

He's 30 and might not want to uproot his life by moving to another club, and maybe feels with his injuries his best playing days would be over at 31 anyway. If he didn't see a decent move to a club he wants to play for on offer in this transfer window then it makes sense to stay. Does he have a family? Maybe that factors into it too.

It's easy to bash him for not having the hunger to drop down a league or two to keep playing, but it's also not fair. Would you move across the country and take a harder job just because some random people on the internet who like the company you work for want you off the wage bill a year early?

Ultimately if your complaint with him is basically that our club offered him too much money for too long then you're angry with the wrong person. It's a shame we're still paying for past mistakes but that's not his fault.

EDIT: yeah, looks like he does have kids and one of them is school age. So there's a good chance him refusing to leave just means he knows there are more important things in life than football.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

He's 30 and might not want to uproot his life by moving to another club, and maybe feels with his injuries his best playing days would be over at 31 anyway. If he didn't see a decent move to a club he wants to play for on offer in this transfer window then it makes sense to stay. Does he have a family? Maybe that factors into it too.

It's easy to bash him for not having the hunger to drop down a league or two to keep playing, but it's also not fair. Would you move across the country and take a harder job just because some random people on the internet who like the company you work for want you off the wage bill a year early?

Ultimately if your complaint with him is basically that our club offered him too much money for too long then you're angry with the wrong person. It's a shame we're still paying for past mistakes but that's not his fault.

EDIT: yeah, looks like he does have kids and one of them is school age. So there's a good chance him refusing to leave just means he knows there are more important things in life than football.

Hold your horses!! Where in my post was I bashing him? Get your facts straight before you start throwing accusations about. All I mentioned was my interpretation of the situation. That doesn't mean I disagree with him for his possible reasons behind his decision. Anything else you want to make up? 

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i thought free agents could join pretty much whenever? maybe not for a prem team (which isn't going to happen for HL anyway) but championship teams?

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Those are EFL rules and not applicable for the PL.

As I understand it he can't move even if released from his contract until January.

39 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Hold your horses!! Where in my post was I bashing him? Get your facts straight before you start throwing accusations about. All I mentioned was my interpretation of the situation. That doesn't mean I disagree with him for his possible reasons behind his decision. Anything else you want to make up? 

Sorry, you're right - I misread your post. Posters earlier in this thread have criticised him for being willing to do nothing, so sort of went on a rant replying to you and put words in your mouth.

Yeah, he's clearly decided that seeing out his contract and doing nothing is preferable to trying to find a role elsewhere. Personally I don't have an issue with that as the post above shows :)

Just now, Panto_Villan said:

Sorry, you're right - I misread your post. Posters earlier in this thread have criticised him for being willing to do nothing, so sort of went on a rant replying to you and put words in your mouth.

Yeah, he's clearly decided that seeing out his contract and doing nothing is preferable to trying to find a role elsewhere. Personally I don't have an issue with that as the post above shows :)

no probs.  

53 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Those are EFL rules and not applicable for the PL.

As I understand it he can't move even if released from his contract until January.

but if he's released from his contract, then he's no longer a PL player?

probably moot as i guess if he was going to be released it would have already happened

56 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but if he's released from his contract, then he's no longer a PL player?

probably moot as i guess if he was going to be released it would have already happened

The reason jota and nyland were released before the window closed is that they had to be free agents before the end of the window to sign for another team. (Now they can sign for another team at any time)

Even if we released lansbury now he couldn't play for another team until Jan. (At least in Europe for sure)

Edited by MaVilla

No blame on Lansbury here.  If I was in a job and they said I could stay and figure out what I wanted to do next with no time pressures for a few months of course I'd take it.  Especially with kids of school age.  Hope he goes to a decent Championship club and finds the form that made us buy him in the first place.  Always seems to be a good character in the dressing room.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Rosk said:

No blame on Lansbury here.  If I was in a job and they said I could stay and figure out what I wanted to do next with no time pressures for a few months of course I'd take it.  Especially with kids of school age.  Hope he goes to a decent Championship club and finds the form that made us buy him in the first place.  Always seems to be a good character in the dressing room.

That’s the thing for players in their 30’s  they have families and it’s very difficult to uproot and move , at the end of they day they are human and have a life outside football 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Lansbury gets so much goodwill from many, others who had similar spells with us not so much so.

Think that's partly because where we are atm. Sun is shining and we are winning. If we'd been relegated last season, or even if we'd stayed up but where playing badly now then thing would likely be quite different.

We're 2nd in the league, so what if he's costing us £50k/w or whatever to be a passenger... Or something along those lines.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, sne said:

Think that's partly because where we are atm. Sun is shining and we are winning. If we'd been relegated last season, or even if we'd stayed up but where playing badly now then thing would likely be quite different.

We're 2nd in the league, so what if he's costing us £50k/w or whatever to be a passenger... Or something along those lines.

agreeing kevin corrigan GIF

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

Lansbury gets so much goodwill from many, others who had similar spells with us not so much so.

Because by all accounts he is a good locker room presence. And I have always felt micah Richards gets too much stick. Yes he is a big reason we got relegated but really it was the clubs fault to sign him. The only real blame you can place in the guy is a he kept thinking he could stay fit when he never ever could. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and did loads of charity events whilst at the club.

I think the story with lansbury is the same and whilst I wouldn't ever want a similar player I.e one who can't play on outrageous wages he is no joleon Lescott or other wasters we have had. 

• Like 4

Â