Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

Going on what I've seen Ayew has been Villa's best player by some distance. Just needs to be a little less greedy in possession and be more aware of the players around him. If he continues to put in performances I'd be more than a little worried about interest in January and not all from Premiership teams. Rafa must have been impressed on Saturday.

McCormack hasn't looked 100% fit to me.

Edited by striker
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Why would we keep our best player on the bench?

Our best player when he fancies it is Jordan Ayew.

Kodjia has looked very good so far in spells, play him through the middle.

The contenious one is Adomah but he was a good player at Boro playing as a right winger. I really don't understand why we signed him if we want to convert him to a full back or just an impact sub.

McCormack had the highest number of opportunities created in the league up until he got injured. In the last few games he's been out we've looked toothless up front and created a pittance in comparison.

It's not a coincidence. We are much better with him in the team and he needs to start. 

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Yep,  he looks our most creative player to me and I think we have looked very short of ideas without him. 

It's still very early days for him here,  he's know to be a slow starter anyway. 

For me he has to start and probably at the expense of Gresford. 

The problem with starting McCormack is that we then have to accomodate him in a number 10 role, this leaves us playing two in the midfield and results in us getting overrun. After we have a few wins under the belt then maybe we can start playing that way but at the moment we need to sure up that midfield

If he can play left or right side or up front with Kodjia moving out right then we should play him as he is one of our best players. But as we have found out lately playing players out of position doesn't work.

I'd drop McCormack as I don't think we should be playing with a number 10 position. 

Westwood Jedinak Tshibola

Kodjia Ayew

Gestede

I think that will start to get us results. We could have Kodjia up top with Adomah on the wing or try McCormack somewhere in that team but I think this is the best way to get us a win. Sure up the midfield, leave the big man up front with pacey, unpredictable players behind him, to drift out wide and into the middle. 

15 hours ago, PaulC said:

Mcormack has to start if fit. We are far more potent with him in the team. 

This all day long. We did not buy this guy to sit on the bench. He has to start when fit.

For people trying to accommodate Grealish - Adomah - Kodija - Ayew, there will be plenty of games for them to play their part in an attacking position. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, wilko154 said:

The problem with starting McCormack is that we then have to accomodate him in a number 10 role, this leaves us playing two in the midfield and results in us getting overrun. After we have a few wins under the belt then maybe we can start playing that way but at the moment we need to sure up that midfield

If he can play left or right side or up front with Kodjia moving out right then we should play him as he is one of our best players. But as we have found out lately playing players out of position doesn't work.

I agree but then I realise that the alternative is to incorporate Westwood in a midfield 3. McCormack has to start for me in the number 10 position.

19 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

When Sherwood first came in and we did well, didn't we play with 2 number 10's? (Genuine question as I was away and didn't see any games). If so couldn't we try that with Ayew and McCormack behind Kodjia?

nah under Sherwood we played like 10 number  2's

He needs to be playing. 

No coincidence that shots on target shots off target and attacking play is all down with him not in the team.

We have a forward who moves around in kod but we don't have the clever forward who feeds him and feeds off him without mccormack.

Put him back in the team and give grealish a rest.

Oh and play a 442 ffs

• Like 2

Â