Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

4 hours ago, KHV said:

Adomah isn't a central midfielder, Gary Gardner is terrible, Tshibola is a complete unknown with an atrocious injury record and Jedinak is bang average and the wrong side of 30. McCormack was an unnecessary signing with no resale value regardless of wether he flops or not. McCormack is not an attacking midfielder either. If we needed one we should have signed one. Square pegs in round holes yet again at Villa park and rather unsurprisingly it's not working.

I do like McCormack and I think he is a good player but I feel he was a panic signing made after MIddlesbrough friendly to appease fans without any real thinking on how to use him

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I do like McCormack and I think he is a good player but I feel he was a panic signing made after MIddlesbrough friendly to appease fans without any real thinking on how to use him

Well he's being used in his correct position so, there's half your conspiracy theory blown away. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

I read a stat the other day that stated McCormack has created more chances and made more  key passes  than any other player in the division.

Looks like he is pretty effective in the position be is being played,regardless of what some people seem to think on here. 

His effectiveness at this point relies solely on the players he's linking with.. If they don't score then McCormack looks useless as he doesn't get that all important assist stat.

Yet again it all comes back to not taking our chances, we are creating them but until we take them McCormack will continue to look more useless than he should. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I read a stat the other day that stated McCormack has created more chances and made more  key passes  than any other player in the division.

Looks like he is pretty effective in the position be is being played,regardless of what some people seem to think on here. 

Yep plus scored a few already, stonking shot off the bar also. Got it all in his locker.

But we can't sell him in two yrs so was a waste of money.

If we'd put our chances away this wouldn't even be up for discussion.

Conceding late goals and having a weak midfield has nothing to do with RM

• Like 1

Didn't have a good game but I generally think he has been one of our better signings. For me he can't play McCormack, Rudy, ayew and kodjia. It's too attacking. That's not even including freakish either! Personally I think Rudy should be on the bench as he tends to make more of an impact as a sub

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I really don't know why this common knowledge continually gets ignored. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Didn't have a good game but I generally think he has been one of our better signings. For me he can't play McCormack, Rudy, ayew and kodjia. It's too attacking. That's not even including freakish either! Personally I think Rudy should be on the bench as he tends to make more of an impact as a sub

Freakish?!! Ha ha

Yes the line up wednesday night read 4-2-4 to me, far too unbalanced, especially at the stage we're at where we need to grind out victories.

As much as most fans dont want them, I think we need to play westwood, gardner with jedinak to shore up the midfield. Forget trying to steamroller teams by 4 or 5, we need a few 1-0'ers on the board first

• Like 2

I don't mind the 4-5-1 formation with Jedinak, Gardner and Westwood in central midfield.....

... but who is going to replace them if one of them gets a knock (assuming Tshibola is injured - which seems a pretty solid assumption) ?

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well he's being used in his correct position so, there's half your conspiracy theory blown away. 

conspiracy theory :lol::lol:

As I said I rate McCormack but he was a signing at that price we didnt really need in that position since Ayew wants to play there especially when Ayew keeps going into his position and rarely passing him the ball. I think it was a signing made without thinking about the balance of the squad, we could have got a centre defender and midfielder instead which would have left us better balanced at the time

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Freakish?!! Ha ha

Yes the line up wednesday night read 4-2-4 to me, far too unbalanced, especially at the stage we're at where we need to grind out victories.

As much as most fans dont want them, I think we need to play westwood, gardner with jedinak to shore up the midfield. Forget trying to steamroller teams by 4 or 5, we need a few 1-0'ers on the board first

I think he ment Gresford.

• Like 2

McCormack create a lot of space with his movement and when we are pressing high up the pitch he is integral to it. 

I couldn't care less about his sell on value (and let's be honest he's not that old).

Him and Kodjia up front will score a boat load of goals together 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

conspiracy theory :lol::lol:

As I said I rate McCormack but he was a signing at that price we didnt really need in that position since Ayew wants to play there especially when Ayew keeps going into his position and rarely passing him the ball. I think it was a signing made without thinking about the balance of the squad, we could have got a centre defender and midfielder instead which would have left us better balanced at the time

It literally is a conspiracy theory. You've suggesting he was signed to pacify fans rather than as a request of the manager. 

He's better than Ayew in the number 10 role because he is also capable of scoring 20 goals a season. Ayew is not, nor is he anywhere near consistent enough to be that main man. I have to question whether you have seen us play this season based on your assertion that they 'get in each others way' or that he rarely passes him the ball. It happened once, though Ayew rarely passes to anyone. 

In a nutshell, you're talking nonsense. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It literally is a conspiracy theory. You've suggesting he was signed to pacify fans rather than as a request of the manager. 

He's better than Ayew in the number 10 role because he is also capable of scoring 20 goals a season. Ayew is not, nor is he anywhere near consistent enough to be that main man. I have to question whether you have seen us play this season based on your assertion that they 'get in each others way' or that he rarely passes him the ball. It happened once, though Ayew rarely passes to anyone. 

In a nutshell, you're talking nonsense. 

Ive seen enough of us this season to know he is miles better than Ayew and not just one pass that he didnt play. Ayew except the Forest game has no passing or football brain on his repertoire

Edited by Zatman

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ive seen enough of us this season to know he is miles better than Ayew and not just one pass that he didnt play. Ayew except the Forest game has no passing or football brain on his repertoire

Erm, yeah. Exactly. :blink:

Well I don't think Ayew is as useless as you say, but wasn't your point that we didn't need McCormack as we had Ayew to play the number 10 role?

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Â