Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

I said it before and I'll say it again gayle represented better value for money than him. I got crucified for saying it snfpd how many did gayle get today? In fact hasn't he scored more than all our forwards combined? He is younger and has premiership experience.

i knew this would come back to bite us in the arse

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I like him. Think he's easily our best player. Poor 2nd half but you can see him fuming at the sheer lack of pressing from others.

If he's our best player it's not hard to see why we are shit

He isn't playing that well but who is at the moment ? You can see he is a decent player he has proven that consistently over the last few seasons ,think his biggest problem at the moment is none of our team seems to be on the same wavelength as each other and that is making everyone poorer that they are.

Luxury signing.

He's not a bad player but I agree with Richard...did we really need him?

We could've still signed Kodjia and played him through the middle, had Ayew just off him and then signed those phantom midfielders to make us overall much stronger through the spine.

• Like 4

We didn't need Kodjia if he was going to be played wide after two games.

I like athletic forwards in fairness...players who through the middle are quick, mobile and can stretch defences. Benteke on song could do all those things with his eyes closed and even Gabby could when he was bothered about playing football.

Problem is with McCormack if we're no getting promoted we're going to lose a lot of money on him given he's 30 next month and very few championship clubs can afford what we paid for him. Whereas Kodjia is younger so easier to re-sell if we have to.

Kodjia fits the type of forward I prefer to watch so that's probably why I have more love for him than McCormack.

Gestede is best as an impact sub. Has no business starting games for us unless it's against Rotherham.

• Like 1

Quite harsh on McCormack here I thought. No one in the second half was getting much ball, when Kodjia did he did his thing of running sideways across the field with the ball and making no progress. He's a more intelligent footballer than most of the team, the ball he played in the first half that led to Kodjia's shot, he was looking for them all game and no one was making the runs. There's almost zero link between the midfield as it is, he's the only one who does that at all in the team. Someone like Grealish who plays far too weak and has shots that a 10 year old would kick harder, should be questioned more imo.

If Bruce finds a system that works and it doesn't include him then fair enough, but he's still a big asset if he's in the team in the right way. If it's one up front than it'll be Kodjia, even if he does need to work on his game a fair bit still. 

Edited by Trickster
  • Like 1

Mccormack, Grealish and Ayew are all similar and you only need one player of that type in the team. They all want to play as a "number 10". Playing two of those three just doesn't work because our cm's are so bad. 

• Like 4

Didn't play well second half but generally I thought he was the only player who looked like he new how to actually use the ball. I quite like him, seems to have a bit of intelligence to his play and understands the idea of passing, moving and creating space etc. Unfortantly he seems alone in that though.

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

Mccormack, Grealish and Ayew are all similar and you only need one player of that type in the team. They all want to play as a "number 10". Playing two of those three just doesn't work because our cm's are so bad. 

In a nutshell...Grealish and Ayew can't play in the same team as they both like playing in the same space between midfield and striker, I'd have thought that was quite clear from Preston away.

McCormack behind Kodjia seems logical but again would leave an unbalanced middle unless we start playing Bacuna there again on the right.

Â