Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

yes random people would just comment on a Villa player for no reason :rolleyes:

btw its Forest, Derby and Wolves game I have now heard different comments on

Forest? He scored, hit the bar, he had a very good game. Derby he was a bit quieter but hit the post. If these neutrals are telling you based on that he's our worst player, you should probably discount anything they ever tell you again. 

How about Huddersfield? He terrorised them for 60 minutes before the entire team slacked off.

He was crap against Preston and Wolves, no question, and he's not a natural defensively by any stretch. However he's 8 games into his Villa career with 2 goals and 1 assist, he's had an injury too at a time that the team has crumbled.

• Like 4

I like McCormack, he looks like he's got half an ounce of intelligence in him and can definitely be creative. It's a shame nobody else seems to be on the same wavelength. He's got his faults, all players in this league do. But he's better than it seems at the moment, I just hope we see it soon.

Weird time to drudge this thread up, he only played 10 minutes last night. 

He and Ayew did a professional job of playing keep ball for most of extra time. Milner-esq, even if it took two of them! I thought he looked a threat in his limited opportunity. 

Good player, will be good. Will create and score goals. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If you ask me has he been a good signing thus farI would probably say no based on the price tag. Have to say he started well and is fading fast. Needs to buck up if he wants together back in the team. 

For £12m and at 30 years old he should be the first name on the team sheet. Instead it looks like we were buying players in the summer with no plan whatsoever as to how we were going to fit them into the team. Mccormack is a victim of this appalling policy. We simply didn't need him while we had Ayew and Grealish. We should have bought a CM for £12m instead.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, villa89 said:

For £12m and at 30 years old he should be the first name on the team sheet. Instead it looks like we were buying players in the summer with no plan whatsoever as to how we were going to fit them into the team. Mccormack is a victim of this appalling policy. We simply didn't need him while we had Ayew and Grealish. We should have bought a CM for £12m instead.

He hasn't set the world alight but you can see he has a touch of class about him ,I can see him becoming a very important player for us as season progresses .Yes we are weak in the middle and have plenty of striking options but what happens in Jan when Kodjia Ayew and Gestede are gone to the Nations Cup with there countries Ross has a massive part to play for us think he will prove to be a very good signing .

• Like 1

He was poor against Wolves no doubt. But before that he created most of our chances and in fact was the best chance creator in the league. He's also chipped in with a couple of goals. Now Bruce is here I expect him to push on like a lot of other players.

• Like 1

Where is his best position?  Was reading an old piece by Kit Symons somewhere saying his big strength is creativity and intelligence, and he is possibly best suited to playing in a No10 role behind the striker(s).  Think that confirms what I have seen from him.  Maybe he could play behind Kodjia and Ayew at the tip of a diamond with Bacuna, Gardner and Jedinak playing more defensive roles? 

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Where is his best position?  Was reading an old piece by Kit Symons somewhere saying his big strength is creativity and intelligence, and he is possibly best suited to playing in a No10 role behind the striker(s).  Think that confirms what I have seen from him.  Maybe he could play behind Kodjia and Ayew at the tip of a diamond with Bacuna, Gardner and Jedinak playing more defensive roles? 

I think he can only play for us at the tip of a diamond if we will ever use that which is unlikely. Unless we buy some quality midfielders that can play in a midfield two in January he is done here IMO

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think he is a CF. Likes to play just under the striker and be able to roam. Problem is he doesn't seem to gel with anyone. 

He's hardly had chance to. He, Rudy, Ayew and Grealish started well together, but PLAYING ALL THE STRIKERS! was unsustainable. Then he's had Kodjia, then injured, dropped, isolated, dropped. It has been a tempestuous start for all of them and for a player who relies on building a relationship and being in tune with his strike partner, that must be a nightmare scenario. 

He linked up well with Ayew again in a brief appearance on Tuesday. He's not hit anything like consistent form for us yet, but I'm confident with what I've seen in flashes that he'll get there. 

The past would show us that he's an experienced pro and a natural footballer, who creates and scores lots of goals. Writing him off after 8 games is **** barmy really. 

• Like 3

Â