Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Why? He hasnt exactly set the league alight when he has played. He is as guilty as anyone for our abysmal start.

because we have 3 proven 20 goal a season strikers in this division and we are turning them also rans. Yes the players have a responsibility but our tactics have been so shite we would turn Messi and Suarez into bit players.

Edited by imavillan

I thought at the time he was a luxury signing despite the excellent goal record and I think it's proving so far. That said he should start v Wolves.

Personally though I think it would've been better for the team if we'd just signed Kodjia as our statement striker signing and then for the 12m for McCormack, signed a good wide player (hopefully Adomah can still be that) and an excellent CM which we certainly still do need.

13 hours ago, omariqy said:

The only good performances from us this season have seen McCormack as a key figure in those games. He helps link play up between midfield and up front. 

But really you need to play a 4-4-1-1 then to give him that free role...and so that either means leaving out some of our big names which RDM seemed allergic to or shoe-horning them all in out of position which RDM did love to do.

I agree McCormack just off Kodjia looks pretty good on paper but then you need a hard working middle 4 behind them to cover the space McCormack simply will not track.

That doesn't include Ayew and Grealish in the same team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

But really you need to play a 4-4-1-1 then to give him that free role...and so that either means leaving out some of our big names which RDM seemed allergic to or shoe-horning them all in out of position which RDM did love to do.

I agree McCormack just off Kodjia looks pretty good on paper but then you need a hard working middle 4 behind them to cover the space McCormack simply will not track.

That doesn't include Ayew and Grealish in the same team.

Ayew is pretty hardworking to be fair.  The bigger issue we have is that apart Tshibola we have no midfielders that look comfortable in a two. They all need to play in a 3. If we had 2 strong midfielders we could play Grealish Ayew, McCormack and Kodjia.

Â