Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

55 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Announcing to the world that he doesn't turn up to training is not going to help keep the fee up. 

I'm not sure it's such a stupid move, anyone interested would hear that sort of stuff anyway. The playing and coaching side of football is a fairly small industry in terms of number of employees which generally means that everybody knows someone who knows the guy you are interested in signing. If someone is a bit of a shitbag then people will know.

Footballers can get away with it if they are good players (see Luis Suarez) and I guess McCormack's good form in recent seasons meant that clubs (see Aston Villa) are willing to overlook the downsides. Thing is it can go very quickly, one poor season and one major birthday (the big 3 0) have probably tanked McCormack's value permanently.  Going public with it could be Bruce's way of trying to shame McCormack into pulling his finger out as whatever he's been doing in private at Bodymoor has clearly had no effect.  It's a damn shame too, McCormack has known for months that the club would really need him to step up in January because of AFCON taking key players of us. This time right now was his opportunity to be a hero, to force his way into the team and make himself undroppable but he's decided to be a workshy bastard instead.  For shame. 

• Like 3

On 16 January 2017 at 20:20, mikeyp102 said:

This is completely conjecture on my behalf and I do think McCormack is a skilful player, but it just seems he isn't giving as much as he can. Perhaps being at a larger club with a larger contract at the twilight of his career has gone to his head?

Yes I'm quoting myself but gutted I was right. What a clearing in the woods he is..

Loan him out, hopefully he'll get goals against promotion (ha) rivals and it at least keeps his value up

There's something I've never like about McCormack from day one.

Could it be he's just not as good as he's hyped up to be?

Could it be he's not the most dedicated player to his profession giving his lack of interest in getting fit and actually getting to training?

Could it be that I think his ego needs him to be the best and most popular player at a club for him to perform and I think his nose has been put out of joint by how well Kodjia has done here?

I just think he's been a massive waste of money and this indiscipline is a great excuse to get rid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jon_c said:

Announcing to the world that he doesn't turn up to training is not going to help keep the fee up. 

No it doesn't. Sounds more like a kick up the pants to me!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steve-bruce-involved-furious-bust-9669110.amp

The Villa manager was upset with the Scottish forward's lack of commitment to train and turned up to vent his frustration

Steve Bruce was involved in a furious stand-off with Ross McCormack on the striker’s own doorstep as the anger of Aston Villa ’s manager spilled over this week.

The club’s boss was involved in an incredible face-to-face confrontation with the Scot after he rang into the club saying he wasn’t available to train earlier this week.

Bruce has stood by McCormack, despite being upset with his fitness levels this season. He has already phoned in sick twice this season – and the Geordie was spitting mad at the level of his commitment.

So when the forward contacted Bodymoor Heath this week, Bruce was in no mood to compromise.

McCormack’s latest excuse was that he was unable to make training as the electric gates on his property would not open.

Bruce challenged his player, asking him to jump over the fence and to book a taxi in order to make training.

But McCormack responded by saying that they were going to be fixed and he would try to get to the club’s Bodymoor Heath training base.

Unfortunately for Villa’s £12m summer signing from Fulham, Bruce was not about to take ‘No’ for an answer.

He discovered where McCormack lived and drove around to his house. He then jumped over the fence and rang on the doorbell whereupon he let rip at the startled player.

McCormack was left out of Villa’s squad for the game against Preston North End yesterday.

And Bruce was in no mood for reconcilliation at the final whistle.

He said: “In my opinion, he’s not fit enough to play unless his attitude and record of missing training improves.

“If he keeps missing training like he does – then that will be the situation.

“He has just not turned off. The latest excuse was that his gates had stuck but he couldn’t jump over a fence that was four feet six inches high.

“There has been too much indiscipline at this club for way too long.

“Not in 20 years of management have I gone down this road of publicly shaming a player but I have to make a stand because I won't put up with it. Not on my watch.

“I ask only one thing. When I tell them they are in, everyone else is in. How can I pick him when he doesn’t want to come training?

“It’s happened more than once. Everyone can have an excuse for one occasion but when it is more than that I will not accept it.”

• Like 3

I'm struggling to think of another club of our size that has spent its money quite so badly over the last 5 years.  £12m on this useless, lazy tub of lard is going to end in another huge write off.

Just now, gatecrasha said:

Absolute credit to SB , for flushing this turd out.

Fat dross- had people.questioning the manager, but this turd has given SB no option. We have been crying for a strong manager and in Stevie B, we have one

Given your username, SB would be advised to have you shadow RM 24-7.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

I might try that excuse Monday morning - see if I get the sack or not.

Glad Bruce apparently went round to have it out with him - I bet McCormack shat himself 

I now have an image in my head of Bruce jumping over the gate and then giving McCormack a lecture on how to do it

Well done Bruce, it needed someone to make a stand against these lazy, collect the money and do nothing players, we need him, Ross, to say sorry and start to behave like a professional athlete. If he doesn't then fine him week after week until he does. We can't allow him to take the piss, if he does then other players will as well and he's already got a couple of our younger players out on the piss with him.

As for Fulham on loan.......**** him I would rather lose 12m and watch Ross's career end, at least then other players will know what the score is. 

Â