Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

we might be involved in lawsuit after lawsuit 

500k damages or 50m on pisstakers hmmm decisions decisions. As the saying goes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. It's obvious that the culture has been wrong for some time. We can be snarky about Keane being a nutter but I'd love him in that dressing room last year, I bet he'd have hit Gabby that hard he started using his nose to breath as well as his mouth

Here is what was said for anyone that missed it 

Here

Why was he not involved?

A. In my opinion, he's not fit enough to play so he won't play unless his attitude towards training and missing training improves. If that improves then I'll consider him again. If he continually keeps missing training, like he has done, then that's going to be the situation.

Missing training through injury?

A. No, just missing training.

Something you don't need?

A. There's been too much indiscipline around here. Not in 20 years of management have I gone down this route before but I feel as if I have to make a stand. I won't put up with it on my watch.

I only ask one thing. I ask them to come in, enjoy their training and when I tell them they're in at 10:30 or 09:30, well, everybody else is in so He's decided that the team will pick itself. How can I pick him when he doesn't want to come into training.

Something that's been happening for a while?

A. It's happened more than once, let's put it that way.

I wouldn't be saying it if had happened once. Everybody can have an excuse, but once it's more than that, I'm not going to accept it.

On his way to Fulham?

A. Not that I'm aware of, unless it's happened in the last two hours

Can he leave?

A. It hasn't quite worked for him. Sometimes that happens. We all don't want to be in this situation, but that doesn't really interest me. What really interests me is me getting McCormack in a condition where I think he's fit enough to come and play.

If you're continually missing training, then you're not going to be that.

That's the stance I've taken. There's been too much indiscipline at this club for far too long and I won't put up with it.

Reason?

A. His gates were stuck.

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

We're all talking about this guy when we talk about this "fat" bloke, right?

JS108128452.jpg

He's clearly not match fit, he's looked a little off the pace...but fat? Absolutely laughable. I just know there are some ham planets that look like they've swallowed a space hopper sitting at home ranting about McCormack needing to go on a diet.

Even if there are some tubby bastards sitting at home ranting about Ross's fatness, those people aren't professional athletes. I saw a post on Twitter about how 'ironic' it was that Steve Bruce called McCormack unfit. Huh!? Steve Bruce is a 56 year old football manager whilst McCormack is a 30 year old professional footballer. Bruce isn't expected to be fit or in shape. McCormack is. 

Personally I don't think he's really fat. I just posted the Gif for a joke. 

(FWIW: I'm actually pretty ripped. PM me your number and we can swap pics x)

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 3

Maybe he is going through one of his phases again.  He got booted out of Rangers and had problems at Cardiff. 

He has looked out of shape all year so I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

Bruce is just after throwing him under the bus ,it obviously is to get  a reaction from him it will be either a stroke of genius and Ross will catch fire and have a great 2nd half to the season or this will be the beginning of the end for him at Villa .

13 minutes ago, KHV said:

Maybe he is going through one of his phases again.  He got booted out of Rangers and had problems at Cardiff. 

He has looked out of shape all year so I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

Apparently failed to turn up for a tour while at Leeds.

I thought doing background checks was standard practice when making signings?

I'm sure there must be some Villa fans who can help ensure his gates stay open.

This has been a recurring theme for the last 20 odd years. Arguably since Sir Graham left. Villa are a soft touch. We all know this. How to change it gets right to the fabric of the club.  

Just now, peterms said:

Apparently failed to turn up for a tour while at Leeds.

I thought doing background checks was standard practice when making signings?

It's no surprise Scotland have only called him up 13 times

What the hell. Only just read about Ross and GateGate. Has been said already better than I could say it, but to even try that, in any job. I couldn't get out of my property because of the gates / I need to stay in (make calls to get it fixed whatever) rather than actually play (for the big money I'm on). What the Jesus F...

unbelievable attitude. Like Bruce said, jump the gates, get a taxi, phone a friend get a lift.... Do your job! At least try to get to work

this is one of THE most pathetic excuses for not going to work I've ever heard. And for someone to try that on, indicates where they are and what they want to happen next. 

Well ill thanks for that Ross. Thanks for turning out to not only be a hell of a disappointing signing, but to force an end to your short villa career by such c word antics. What an absolute tosser

bye Ross you complete scumbag

Â