Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Divorce can effect people though. Whether your on £6 an hour down the local factory or 40k a week playing football. I'm still very angry but if there is a valid excuse like personal problems then let's try and sort it. If it's him being lazy or having no commitment then he should go.

There have been 100s of players and managers go through divorce in football though - as Bruce says it's the first time in 20 years he's outed a player for attitude .

13 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Speculation is he's going through a divorce although that does not excuse his behaviour .

Bruce  is a football boss not a divorce counselor .

The club should look after all players through all circumstances. Bruce as manager will want to do his part too, of that I am sure.

Just now, DK82 said:

The club should look after all players through all circumstances. Bruce as manager will want to do his part too, of that I am sure.

Maybe so and it sounds Ross has been cut some slack but where do you draw the line - as Bruce said he will not stand for it so I doubt it's just a case of missing training a couple of times.

the reaction of Bruce was very unusual and suggests it's a culmination .

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

There have been 100s of players and managers go through divorce in football though - as Bruce says it's the first time in 20 years he's outed a player for attitude .

That's fair enough but it's a bit of a cold way to look at it. Like I said if it's just him being lazy and not having the right attitude then I'd rather him go. If he does have personal problems for whatever reason then we need to cut him some slack. I thought he did well at the start but has completely gone off the boil.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That's fair enough but it's a bit of a cold way to look at it. Like I said if it's just him being lazy and not having the right attitude then I'd rather him go. If he does have personal problems for whatever reason then we need to cut him some slack. I thought he did well at the start but has completely gone off the boil.

Don't get me wrong - I've been a big backer of Ross on here and hope things work out for him here but with Bruce having gone public I cannot see that happening now .

14 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Maybe so and it sounds Ross has been cut some slack but where do you draw the line - as Bruce said he will not stand for it so I doubt it's just a case of missing training a couple of times.

the reaction of Bruce was very unusual and suggests it's a culmination .

Bruce has already offered chances to others who have been a problem. He can't now turn his nose up at Ross and I don't think he will.

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Don't get me wrong - I've been a big backer of Ross on here and hope things work out for him here but with Bruce having gone public I cannot see that happening now .

Well I'm glad he did go public. Bruce Knows what the fans have  had to suffer in recent years and he's probably seeing it for himself now. Either way it needs sorting. If they can solve it then great but if not then we can't have that atmosphere around the club. We all know RM has it in him to help us get out of this league. His record speaks for itself.

1 minute ago, DK82 said:

Bruce has already offered chances to others who have been a problem. He can't now turn his nose up at Ross and I don't think he will.

Surely if that were the case he would have kept this private and not launch a scathing public outburst slating Ross for fitness , attitude and performance .

the slate was wiped clean from the moment Bruce arrived which is why gabby was given his chance , as Bruce has said he's never taken this action in 20 years as a manager it suggests to me the rift is a big one.

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

The problem is that if he is depressed, from a financial point of view we should sell him immediately. From a humane point of view we should be helping him through this. 

Alerting potential buyers to his off the field behavior will see his value plummet though - we will struggle to get £8m back .

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Surely if that were the case he would have kept this private and not launch a scathing public outburst slating Ross for fitness , attitude and performance .

the slate was wiped clean from the moment Bruce arrived which is why gabby was given his chance , as Bruce has said he's never taken this action in 20 years as a manager it suggests to me the rift is a big one.

And now it is out in the open I hope it gives Ross a wake up call and the club offer help and support. We always hear ex-players raving about the Villa family, now is the time to show it.

im not disagreeing with you, just hoping we can come out of this with a healthier and happier RM.

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Alerting potential buyers to his off the field behavior will see his value plummet though - we will struggle to get £8m back .

The longer we wait, the lower his price tag will get though. Collymore left us on a free transfer after we shelled out a lot (in those days) for him. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The problem is that if he is depressed, from a financial point of view we should sell him immediately. From a humane point of view we should be helping him through this. 

We have a duty as a club to look after our players who are suffering for whatever reason. But we can only go so far and ultimately it's down to the player to do the rest. I mean we are all throwing accusations about his personal life but it could just be him being unprofessional.

• Like 2

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

We have a duty as a club to look after our players who are suffering for whatever reason. But we can only go so far and ultimately it's down to the player to do the rest. I mean we are all throwing accusations about his personal life but it could just be him being unprofessional.

True, hence the 'if' - it's all hypothetical from our perspective right now. 

Bruce has taken this action to wake him up, I'm sure he didn't want to do it but clearly nothing else was working with the player. Mcormack will be dreading the fans now and rightly so, a little bit of fear and an almighty kick up the butt never did anyone any harm. 

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bruce has taken this action to wake him up, I'm sure he didn't want to do it but clearly nothing else was working with the player. Mcormack will be dreading the fans now and rightly so, a little bit of fear and an almighty kick up the butt never did anyone any harm. 

It sounded like an act of last resort from a man at the end of his tether with RMC. sounds like he's tried all the normal things you would expect and it's not helped. 

Bruce has been a manager for 20 years. I can't imagine some of the egotistical,  brash,  arrogant,  irresponsible,  free spirited types he must have had to deal with over and again down through the years. He made a point of specifically saying he's never had to call one out in public before. 

Doesn't sound like a man trying to get someone through depression or difficult family circumstances.  Sounds like a man who knows exactly what his circumstances are and is flabbergasted by his actions. 

• Like 2

Â