Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

52 minutes ago, peterms said:

Apparently failed to turn up for a tour while at Leeds.

I thought doing background checks was standard practice when making signings?

Exactly, is there no effing due diligence on players? Everyone else buying something for 12 million quid would do intensive  investigations. And surely Dr Tony must be extremely embarrassed by this since he said that we would only sign  players with the right attitude. You really could not make this shit up. 

• Like 2

Absolute joke. A player that describes his greatest attribute as intelligence. Get shot.

I'm sick of our football club being held to ransom and dictated to by moronic fools like this. Raus!

Edited by knoppy1987
punctuation was utter wide gash with extra cheese

4 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Even if there are some tubby bastards sitting at home ranting about Ross's fatness, those people aren't professional athletes. I saw a post on Twitter about how 'ironic' it was that Steve Bruce called McCormack unfit. Huh!? Steve Bruce is a 56 year old football manager whilst McCormack is a 30 year old professional footballer. Bruce isn't expected to be fit or in shape. McCormack is. 

Steve Bruce also had multiple trophies under his belt as a player and a near 20 goal season in the top flight from centre half while playing for the toughest disciplinarian of modern era

Ross McCormack career highlight on other hand is player of the year at fulham and leeds

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Quite surprised he has made this public unless he is leaving imminently. All a bit strange.

Footballers can have a bit of an ego though and it'll give them the fire to want to ram the words down their managers throat. The best way to do it, is publicly.

The Doctors tweet is a bit different though. Difficult time in his personal life?

27 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I get what Tony is trying to say, but I don't like the wording. Having personal issues doesn't make somebody less of a man.

I'm wondering if it was something a bit lost in language. I take "personal issues" to mean that the players is having a genuine struggle with something in his life. Maybe Tony means that. Maybe he means personal issue as in that it was McCormack's own issue that his gate wasn't working and a better man would've done something about it.

I imagine it's the latter and him not being a native speaker makes it come across a bit odd. 

Yeah, I think he's misjudged personal issues in translation. 

'My gate was stuck' doesn't really suggest personal issues as we know it. 

I'm still struggling to get my head around that as an excuse though. I once got blocked in by a car so couldn't get mine out, I got a taxi to work (was expensive too), with the sort of money they get paid you'd expect a level of effort to get there, so maybe that does suggest there's some depression issues or something? Something like that happening triggering it and draining energy? No idea really, all very strange though 

• Like 1

I wonder if having his "gate stuck" is a euphemism for what "allegedly" happened to Darren Bent when he entertained Steve Bruce's daughter.

Edited by Ponky

The thing is, Tony said he spoke to Ross. Not sure the gate would have been a personal issue if they have spoken? Think we need to back off from insulting Ross at the moment. It could be any number of issues, and as a club it is our duty to look after him.

And I honestly hope people do t suggest that because he has lots of money he should be happy, life doesn't work that way.

I also trust Xia and Bruce to help Ross.

• Like 4

Clearly the gate is metaphorical, an allegory for some other barrier or impediment to participating in training.

Steve seems to have taken it too literally.  Obviously the condition of the gate couldn't physically prevent him leaving the house.

Or possibly Steve vaulting over the gate was also symbolic, an attempt to encourage Ross by modelling how one can overcome life's challenges.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, DK82 said:

The thing is, Tony said he spoke to Ross. Not sure the gate would have been a personal issue if they have spoken? Think we need to back off from insulting Ross at the moment. It could be any number of issues, and as a club it is our duty to look after him.

And I honestly hope people do t suggest that because he has lots of money he should be happy, life doesn't work that way.

I also trust Xia and Bruce to help Ross.

Speculation is he's going through a divorce although that does not excuse his behaviour .

Bruce  is a football boss not a divorce counselor .

Edited by Eastie

Â