Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Love the last paragraph. A lot of people that get enraged by the money footballers earn don't really appreciate how hard players work to get to that position. 

Everyone wants to be a footballer. We're talking millions of people. How many even make it to a semi professional level? Let alone playing for a club like Villa. 

Yes but there is so much money in the game nowadays that there are so many kids who just work there arses out for that one contract then just sit back and take it easy. 

On 12/01/2018 at 13:55, Rodders said:

Sounds like we're keen to get rid at any price there

Agreed. 

On 12/01/2018 at 14:04, rodders0223 said:

£5m.

Those comments from Bruce are pretty damming, i agree with your namesake above, i think any offer will be accepted. No chanceof getting £5m for the bloke. 

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 19:17, Johnnyp said:

I'd love to know what exactly happened at mk dons for them to send him back, was it cumulative things or one off incident. 

I have a good mate who works at Villa (groundstaff) and it was suggested that he was 'disruptive'. Might be a slight amelioration !

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. 

Those comments from Bruce are pretty damming, i agree with your namesake above, i think any offer will be accepted. No chanceof getting £5m for the bloke. 

I think we would struggle to get anywhere near £1m never mind five 

It will be good to eventually get a load of these players off the books that are still involved with Villa in some way or another earning wages but not really offering much otherwise, fringe players etc.

Gollini, Bunn, Richards, De Leat, Cissoko, Tshibola, McCormack, Gil, Gardner,  Agbonlahor, Lyden, Amavi (possibly Elphick & Bjarnasson too)

A few mentioned already on loan deals elsewhere but we are still paying a % of the wages.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

44 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It will be good to eventually get a load of these players off the books that are still involved with Villa in some way or another earning wages but not really offering much otherwise, fringe players etc.

Gollini, Bunn, Richards, De Leat, Cissoko, Tshibola, McCormack, Gil, Gardner,  Agbonlahor, Lyden, Amavi (possibly Elphick & Bjarnasson too)

A few mentioned already on loan deals elsewhere but we are still paying a % of the wages.

I feel that we've been saying this for years.

Not long ago it was Given, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Bent and so on. 

Who will it be next, I wonder?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, praisedmambo said:

I feel that we've been saying this for years.

Not long ago it was Given, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Bent and so on. 

Who will it be next, I wonder?

I guess the same mistakes have been happeing for years.

To be fair 2 in that list are Bruce signings, the rest have been here for years.  :mellow:

On 12/01/2018 at 18:12, HanoiVillan said:

I keep saying it, but this guy might be the worst purchase we've made in the last five years. He's got to be in the top three, which is some going when you consider the competition. 

I think taking into account the fee then yes, I'd be inclined to agree for once*

*it often annoys me when people throw the 'he's probably the worst I've ever seen' stuff into posts 

On 17/01/2018 at 05:56, bannedfromHandV said:

I think taking into account the fee then yes, I'd be inclined to agree for once*

*it often annoys me when people throw the 'he's probably the worst I've ever seen' stuff into posts 

I think your point is very important. I think fee paid to output should be taken into consideration. 

Tish is right up there with worst.

I'm sure if you go through the Grealish thread someone has called him the worst footballer ever, Westwood was regularly labelled with that title.  

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think your point is very important. I think fee paid to output should be taken into consideration. 

Tish is right up there with worst.

I'm sure if you go through the Grealish thread someone has called him the worst footballer ever, Westwood was regularly labelled with that title.  

I am sure we could field a villa all time worst 11 with some of the donkeys we have had here over the years.

Tshitbola has to be up there amongst some of the worst players we've seen.

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am sure we could field a villa all time worst 11 with some of the donkeys we have had here over the years.

Tshitbola has to be up there amongst some of the worst players we've seen.

And what a totally unnecessary waste of money. We could have gone out and bought any number of experienced proven players immediately able to step straight into the first team for £5m.

What on earth were we thinking? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

And what a totally unnecessary waste of money. We could have gone out and bought any number of experienced proven players immediately able to step straight into the first team for £5m.

It's alright, it's not like finances are tight or anything. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Bruce got Hourihane and Bree for around the same money that RDM & Clarke paid for Tshitbola. 

That's one thing I like about Bruce - he seems to have a bit more about him in the transfer market than anyone else we've had around the club in the last few years.*

*(Waiting for the Bruce Bashers to start banging on about Hogan.)

Â