Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

I thought this guy was meant to be a promising youngster.

He only featured 7 times in the Scottish campaign?

For some reason I was under the impression he was one of the championships better prospects?

Yet another huge waste of money.  Why the hell did we pay so much?  Who scouted him? 

We just keep making the same mistakes over and over and over

• Like 3

Just now, sidcow said:

Yet another huge waste of money.  Why the hell did we pay so much?  Who scouted him? 

We just keep making the same mistakes over and over and over

This is why I don't see the uproar when we're linked to uber cheap players for <£1m, or even free transfers of championship cloggers. I'd rather us take a calculated, low-risk gamble on a player for dirt cheap on low wages that could turn out to be crap but might also do a solid-if-unspectacular job, than spunk money up the wall like we have in recent years.

Johnstone for £6.5m? No thanks.

Grabban for £6m? No thanks.

Hourihane for £1m. Yes please.

Back on Tshopic, if no-one offers us actual money for him, then I think we'll just need to persevere with him and hope he can come good. There's no use in us doing a McCormack with him.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

How did we see fit to pay £5m for him!?!?

When you think we paid what? £1 or £2m for International Footballer Birkir Bjarnason.  It's just laughable.

I absolutely refuse to believe we had to pay that kind of fee for Tish.  Surely if there are sticking points you offer appearance bonus payments and sell on shares, or of course you just walk away.

It genuinely feels like there was absolutely no rules or limits on our people negotiating transfers whatsoever.  What exactly did Steve Round do?

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

In his defence, he wasn't hired until September 1st 2016 so all of Di Matteo's shite had already been signed by then.

Di Matteo cleared out more deadwood than Bruce and brought in some talented players. Adomah, Kodjia, Chester. Paid out our arse, for Kodjia especially. Still worthy signings from a football perspective.

• Like 1

How did he go from looking great for Reading to absolutely shite for us? I know he didn't play much for reading, but he was a young player who was given a chance, and he made the most of it. 

If it makes a difference, he was DM for reading, and he hasn't played that role for us. 

34 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

How did he go from looking great for Reading to absolutely shite for us? I know he didn't play much for reading, but he was a young player who was given a chance, and he made the most of it. 

If it makes a difference, he was DM for reading, and he hasn't played that role for us. 

I've lost count of the number of young lads who have played a few first team games for us in Division 1 / Premium League and looked future world beaters, only to ply their trade in the lower divisions for the rest of their careers, or even drop out of league football.

It's not uncommon whatsoever which makes it even more mystifying why we paid so much for him.

£5m is what you pay for a kid who's done at least a season looking good, preferably one and a half or two!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've lost count of the number of young lads who have played a few first team games for us in Division 1 / Premium League and looked future world beaters, only to ply their trade in the lower divisions for the rest of their careers, or even drop out of league football.

It's not uncommon whatsoever which makes it even more mystifying why we paid so much for him.

£5m is what you pay for a kid who's done at least a season looking good, preferably one and a half or two!

I don't disagree with you there! I am trying to find a silver lining here.

I mean we paid £3.15m to Hourihane who was the top scoring midfielder in the championship. Reading must have been in disbelief to get an offer of £5m for Tshibola.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He only played 13 games for Reading so it was hardly a great barometer to judge him on.

For whatever Steve Clarke got excited after managing him and probably told RDM and the club he was the next Dele Ali.

5m fee was bonkers for someone with such limited experience and doubt we'll even get 20% of that back if he leaves this summer.

• Like 1

He's shite.

I remember him doing the same thing last season and "trying hard" in preseason to impress and he could only end up at MK dons on loan.

A downgrade on Onomah who i also thought was shite which says a lot.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

The only deadwood RDM got rid of were Okore and Lescott. The others who were sold whilst he was here were Gueye, Sinclair, Bennett, Clark and Traore.  Guzan, Richardson, and NZogbia were all out of contract.

He did sign some good players for the 55 mill he was given but spunked 27 mill on McCormack, Gollini, Tshibola and Elphick which looks about 20 mill over the odds. For comparison Bruce has spent approx 22 mill in total on Bree, Hourihane, Bjarnason, Lansbury, Elmo, Hogan and Whelan. 

I think that paints a slightly more accurate picture than the one I painted. I overlooked Richardson, Guzan and CNZ being out of contract.

Still, Bruce didn't really have much difficulty in ridding the 'deadwood'. 5 of 8 (from memory) went to top tier sides, so were sought after players.

Â