Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

Great news Tishbolas back earlier than planned from league one club. He must have done such a lasting impression :angry:

Aaron Tshibola returns to Aston Villa SIX months earlier than planned

The midfielder's loan spell at MK Dons has been cut short

Aaron Tshibola’s miserable spell at MK Dons has been ended SIX months earlier than planned, the League One side have today confirmed.

The 22-year-old joined on a season-long loan in the summer and had planned to use the season as a springboard to kick-start his career.

But after just 16 under-par appearances, the midfielder has cut short his temporary move and returned to Villa.

MK Dons put out a short statement on their Twitter page this morning confirming the departure.

It read:

“Robbie Neilson confirmed in his press conference this morning that Aaron Tshibola has returned to @AVFCOfficial.

“The Club would like to wish Aaron all the best for the future.”

Why it didn't work out

We caught up with Milton Keynes Citizen sports editor Toby Lock last month to gain an insight into how Tshibola’s time at Stadium MK has unfolded.

How had he been getting?

"To put it politely: not very well. There was a lot of excitement when he came in because of the price tag and he was expected to be the main man in midfield but he hasn’t lived up to expectations.

"He has gone missing in a lot of games and he needs to do more to give the impression that he’s committed to the cause."

What position was he playing?

"He had one good game early on playing as a box-to-box midfielder and was Dons’ best player that day but he hasn’t built upon it.

"He has played in a few central midfield roles since but looks best suited to the box-to-box role.

"You see a player like Alex Gilbey come in who looks like he’s putting in the effort whereas Tish looks lethargic.

"Seeing the player now - he’s not worth a fifth of that fee (£5m). But he keeps getting games so there’s clearly something about him."

What were the supporters’ feelings towards him?

"They were obviously excited when he came due to the big price tag but the longer it’s gone on the more disappointing he’s been.

"There was a game at Peterborough where Tshibola gave the ball away on the edge of his own box and it led to a goal.

"Robbie (Neilson) slammed his two central defenders but fans saw through it. The fans have had enough of him (Tshibola)."

What his manager had previously said

Tshibola’s red card within five minutes against Bradford was the quickest dismissal in League One this season.

His manager, however, defended him post-match .

"Players who come here aren't the finished article, but it's our job to help them," Neilson said. "People forget he hasn't played a lot of football in his career. He's only 22. Yes, he had a big move when he was younger, but that has nothing to do with anything. It's about what he's doing here now. hopefully when he leaves, he'll be a better player than when he arrived, and we'll continue to support him through it.

"We look at it from our perspective, and we have to support the players who have come in here. Aaron has had some good games, and some difficult games. Saturday's game was very difficult. We've got him here to try and progress him.

"It's one of those things. We spoke about it a couple of days ago, with the ball that goes to him, we were asking for a bit of trouble there. He wasn't being rash or doing anything silly. The ball was played to him and he had a bad touch. Anywhere else on the park, we're not talking about it, but because it's 20 yards from goal it causes a problem. It's a learning curve for him.

What a waste of money  :angry: to add he is here until 2020 as well. Another Micah Richards god this club really annoys me sometimes 

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, sne said:

Thanks for this one Steve Clarke!

Utterly terrible signing, £5m for a guy with 13 games of Championship football as his only merit.

Yes him and floperto really ruined us with this one. With him and mccormack 17m wasted on crap, when you look wolves spent 15m ruben neves thats why we are where we are and they are where they are. badly invested money 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes him and floperto really ruined us with this one. With him and mccormack 17m wasted on crap, when you look wolves spent 15m ruben neves thats why we are where we are and they are where they are. badly invested money 

And then the next manager was allowed to do the same thing again with Hogan, Bree... wasting another 20m on players not being used.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

I really hate how aggressive this forum is with writing off our young players. The lad has talent, but is struggling...at 22 there is a chance he may prove valuable given the right support and coaching.

Oh come on, a LEAGUE ONE SIDE has sent hoim back early. He has no excuses, just go see the MK Dons fans happy he is gone to see. Terrible acquisition by the club by those two clowns 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MKDinPeace said:

We are genuinely a better team without him. He is quite literally a liability to us and was directly responsible for at least two goals and a defeat. 

Even if he isn't lazy, he certainly gives off that impression, like he was intending on strolling through a season in League 1 and would end up with a place back in the Villa starting 11 or on loan at another Championship club or something. All of our signings (including other loanees from Nottingham Forest, Southampton and Wolves) have looked up for it and eager to perform, he never has.

Glad we've got rid. Our manager has come under a bit of stick this season, but this will earn him credit for making a positive decision and not waiting until January/end of the season.

At least your manager knows he's not good enough, so you wouldn't have to endure him single-handedly gifting opposition a goal/pen/scoring opportunity.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Just like i thought.  Thanks for  that

1 hour ago, carewjust4u said:

I really hate how aggressive this forum is with writing off our young players. The lad has talent, but is struggling...at 22 there is a chance he may prove valuable given the right support and coaching.

Maybe, but sadly, whilst there maybe talent there, this would seem to be more of an attitude and application issue. That is difficult to overcome/change. 

I disagree with the comparisons to Micah Richards; I can't foresee him being on a substantial salary and to be fair, he has gone out on loan twice and tried to play. Any comparison to Richards is harsh, unfair and wrong. 

But as suggested by @sne Clarke is at Kilmarnock now so may take a punt again. Scottish Football maybe his level... 

12 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Maybe, but sadly, whilst there maybe talent there, this would seem to be more of an attitude and application issue. That is difficult to overcome/change. 

I disagree with the comparisons to Micah Richards; I can't foresee him being on a substantial salary and to be fair, he has gone out on loan twice and tried to play. Any comparison to Richards is harsh, unfair and wrong. 

But as suggested by @sne Clarke is at Kilmarnock now so may take a punt again. Scottish Football maybe his level... 

When you account for the fee and the fact Micah Richards was on a free, he will probably be near enough the value that other useless lump cost us.

I am truly sick of these ****holes coming here for a free ride. You cost a club £5m, they were willing to invest that in you, heavily... the very least you can do is put the **** effort in.

2 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

You don't need support or coaching to run around, he can't be arsed to even do that so we can be fairly confident he'll never make it. 

35 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

When you account for the fee and the fact Micah Richards was on a free, he will probably be near enough the value that other useless lump cost us.

I am truly sick of these ****holes coming here for a free ride. You cost a club £5m, they were willing to invest that in you, heavily... the very least you can do is put the **** effort in.

Correct Richards was on a free, but the expectation as an ex-England international and pedigree of Man City, arguably higher expectations. He also was part of the negotiations for his wages of (a reported) £50k. at 4 years that's £10.5million.

Tishbola cost us £5million. I think I have seen wages for Tishbola at £10k a week. Given he also had a 4 year deal his wages cost approximately £2million. So yes outlay its about £3million difference but it was not down to Tishbola that we paid £5million for him, that was our choice so unfair to lay that at his door. He had no control over the transfer fee. Reality is the wages cost is about £8million difference and that is the why I say it is unfair to compare. 

To be fair, it's more depressing defending him. Ultimately they have both been disappointing signings. 

I think he could be a decent championship player in the future but 5 million was a crazy fee for us- we were throwing it around after the take over. Probably the best part of 25 mil for Mccormack, Tish, Elphick and Gollini. How much resale on that? 5-6 mil tops.  We could have kept some of that dosh and spent this January but hey ho.

Re saying he is lazy-when most people say that it usually players lacking confidence. He was certainly putting it about last year when he came off the bench when we played Newcastle, by far the best team last season in the division.

Just one of the downsides of constantly changing managers and coaches.

they come and go that quick, we struggle to know who is responsible for the poo.

They don't stay long enough to pin the responsibilty to them.

Oh but they all shout for a transfer budget.

this one seems like another prize stinker.

On 11/9/2017 at 13:34, carewjust4u said:

Problem here is mental.

This screams to me as a player who got a big move and big money contract, couldn't believe his luck and has effectively downed tools.

He's done nothing there and is now coming back to a manager who hardly played him last season.

I do think there's a bit of talent there but he'd have done more in Milton Keynes if he really wanted it.

Edit: Maybe try and see if Reading want him back at a reduced rate.

Edited by VillaChris

What was the story with the MK dons thing then, it looks like he played 14 times in all comps since August, for them, so by no means an outcast. Unless they were all 5 min sub appearances? 

Still think he showed real glimpses of talent early on, fingers crossed the young lad can build on it. 

Â