Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

11 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Has he actually gone?

Yep.

Kilmarnock seal deal for Aaron Tshibola as Aston Villa midfielder joins on loan

The 23-year-old will join up with Steve Clarke's men this morning after agreeing a loan switch.

Kilmarnock last night sealed a deal to sign Aston Villa ace Aaron Tshibola.

Rugby Park boss Steve Clarke made his move to link up with the starlet for a third spell on a loan deal.

Tshibola arrived in Ayrshire over the weekend and is set to join his new colleagues for a first training session this morning.

Clarke had been monitoring the situation of the 23-year-old for a month and has now made a deal happen before the close of the transfer window.

The Kilmarnock boss managed Tshibola at Reading and was assistant to manager Roberto Di Matteo when Villa splashed out £5 million to sign him from the Championship outfit two years ago.

However, the switch did not work out for the England Under-19 cap.

Tshibola returned from a loan stint at MK Dons having also been at Nottingham Forest, is now going out again with Villa gaffer Steve Bruce not intending to have him in his plans for the remainder of the English Championship campaign.

Clarke has now pounced and Tshibola joins the manager’s Rugby Park revolution.

Cheerio!  :wave:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Best we can hope for is Celtic or rangers take notice of him in that league as not many Scottish teams would be able to pay even  £1m for him .

Not really. If he puts in a decent shift other teams down here will notice.

19 hours ago, Kingman said:

Struggling to see how you go from a £5m player to free to good home in 12 months. 

Then again, Didn't Ross McCormack do same circa £12m. 

What a waste of time and money!

Makes me really wonder if he and Steve Clarke share the same agent...

• Thanks 1

I'd say Ross McCormack is an even worse signing simply because we payed £7m more for him than for Tish, and he's also on much higher wages and was 30 y.o with a history of being a problem at previous clubs. and couldn't even break into the Scottish set up,.

3 goals in 24 appearances Horrible signing.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Makes me really wonder if he and Steve Clarke share the same agent...

Sometimes managers just fancy certain players and bring them with them wherever they go.  Nothing more sinister than that.  I expect Tshibola will probably do very well in Scotland.

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Sometimes manager's just fancy certain players and bring them with them wherever they go.  Nothing more sinister than that.  I expect Tshibola will probably do very well in Scotland.

Fingers crossed. 

If he flops in Scotland after a failed loan to league 1 we won't be able to give him away. 

Â