Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

The fact he's a player that actually wants to play for Villa is a start. Let's hope he can turn into a decent player for us. He's unproven but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Experience isn't everything, just look at Richards et al. 

Forum I read suggested he's got potential to be a good player, still unproven and has a bit of an injury history, £5m is a good deal for them

How good the fee is for us will be relative to him fulfilling that potential I spose

i know nothing about this player....but the sheer stature alone, fills me with hope that we are looking for more power in midfield.

size is not everything, but it is a big help, when you have some presence as opposed to paperweights.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Forum I read suggested he's got potential to be a good player, still unproven and has a bit of an injury history, £5m is a good deal for them

How good the fee is for us will be relative to him fulfilling that potential I spose

The forum I read ended like this as they were resigned to him leaving, but started out with the majority saying they should build the team around him or the bidding starts at £10m. 

Regardless he sounds like a talent. We still require an older leader in midfield but I see no reason we can't have both?

Bit of a gamble considering he's only played the full 90 minutes for Reading on three occasions, and one of those was in the cup.  Definitely paying for potential here, lets hope it works out better than the last half dozen players we paid for the potential of. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

i know nothing about this player....but the sheer stature alone, fills me with hope that we are looking for more power in midfield.

size is not everything, but it is a big help, when you have some presence as opposed to paperweights.

I don't know how involved he would've been/is in the overall philosophy but Bond is a Redknapp man and old candleface used to always go on about having a bit of size and power in midfield.  I'm struggling to remember the last 'big guy' we had there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don't know how involved he would've been/is in the overall philosophy but Bond is a Redknapp man and old candleface used to always go on about having a bit of size and power in midfield.  I'm struggling to remember the last 'big guy' we had there.

Sanchez is easily the biggest midfielder we currently have in squad and he is just about 6 foot and has been like that for a long time. we are like Barcelona lite with a small midfield but obviously less talent and have been like that for a while. Osbourne is probably biggest centre midfielder we had in last 10 maybe even 15 years since Taylor left

• Like 1

Yes Osbourne is the only one that came to my mind.

I remember having a really long debate on here with someone about whether he was going to become a key player for us.

Unfortunately I was totally wrong about him !!

Based on his lack of experience, RDM and co really must rate him to pay £5m for him. I know nothing about him but he appears to be a bit of a unit, and if there's one thing we really lacked last season, that was a physical presence in midfield.

Â