Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Of course he isn't.

Wasn't really the point I was making. Just that he might feel that football isn't something he's passioned enough about to continue with.

I think that I read something somewhere that he fell in to depression and alcoholism due to the constant injuries and not being able to make it back. I don't think that it was to do with not being passioned enough. However, I do think that it is the case with Tshibola. 

On 05/12/2017 at 12:13, AvfcRigo82 said:

Surely after TX making the point of ridiculously silly contracts from the previous regime he would not then go and do something silly like this..

But seems like it has happened as his contract ends in June 2020! 

Meaning RDM signed him on a 4yr deal!

Do we never learn?

Not that I’m justifying Tish, but remember that we lost a number of players for almost free due to our inability to get players signed up.

When we were signing players at this time all the noise being made was about the need to ensure we had our talent, ahem, signed up for a decent period of time  to ensure we didn't get into the same place again. You’re never going to get it all right and there will inevitably be case like this. However, the plus side is younger players we think have a future have been signed for a decent length of time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Not that I’m justifying Tish, but remember that we lost a number of players for almost free due to our inability to get players signed up.

When we were signing players at this time all the noise being made was about the need to ensure we had our talent, ahem, signed up for a decent period of time  to ensure we didn't get into the same place again. You’re never going to get it all right and there will inevitably be case like this. However, the plus side is younger players we think have a future have been signed for a decent length of time.

Agree with this. It makes sense to sign up younger players who are on less wages for longer periods. The mistakes in the past have been signing up players for long periods when they have passed it! 

• Like 2

On 06/12/2017 at 13:22, thabucks said:

I was talking to a former protege of Bruce recently at a football conference and one thing he said that struck me was how supportive Bruce had been and how indebted he was for the support he was hows but he did say this was not the case for all players and if you were not one of his favourites he didn't apply the same methodology. He said had almost untouchable favourites who could get away with a lot more. I don't know what has gone on with Bruce and Tish so I'm speculating wildly here but maybe he has rubbed Bruce up the wrong way somehow and is crying out for an arm around the shoulders but Bruce is not giving that to him due to him not being one of the favs. Wild speculation on my part btw. He's gone from a £5 mill player to practically worthless in 18 months I hope he finds himself a career somewhere but he may be doomed to spiral down the football pyramid into lower league obscurity. 

I think Wetherspoons are hiring

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We may receive a xmas present Villains!

Apparently the clown that brought him here for 5m steve clarke, wants to resign him for Kilmarnock. Please god lets this happen, lets get him out.  

On 11/9/2017 at 12:31, sne said:

Steve Clarke is at Kilmarnock...

:D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We may receive a xmas present Villains!

Apparently the clown that brought him here for 5m steve clarke, wants to resign him for Kilmarnock. Please god lets this happen, lets get him out.  

Just need Aaron to rip up his contract here and be willing to play for £7 an hour up north :)

On 07/12/2017 at 20:54, The Fun Factory said:

I actually forget he was back at Villa. I don't think he is terrible but he is nowhere near worth the  5 million we spent on him. Bruce has given up on him, the boy needs a move in January. 

Yeah.

Would Forest take him back at a reduced £2.5m?

... If Kilmarnock never came off?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Lower end SPL club won't have millions knocking about to sign championship players.

Would imagine it will be a loan deal and then a permanent for a very modest fee if he does well there. Steve Clarke must be the only person in football who actually thinks he's still a decent player so might aswell take him.

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Lower end SPL club won't have millions knocking about to sign championship players.

Would imagine it will be a loan deal and then a permanent for a very modest fee if he does well there. Steve Clarke must be the only person in football who actually thinks he's still a decent player so might aswell take him.

A loan if they are willing to pay 70% of his wages and right to buy at the end, otherwise take him now and just pay us in installments if it makes it easier for them. As long as he is off our wages best way possible then thats good enough I suppose?

22 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

A loan if they are willing to pay 70% of his wages and right to buy at the end, otherwise take him now and just pay us in installments if it makes it easier for them. As long as he is off our wages best way possible then thats good enough I suppose?

Yep as Zat says lower end SPL teams have budgets on par with most league one clubs.

When you sign players for 5m + you don't give them 5k a week, I Imagine Tish is on around 20k a week here.

For me, this guy was a way worse signing than McCormack. Obviously Ross was way more expensive, but at least he had a track record of success. This guy was nothing more than a vague prospect and we made him one of the most expensive Championship midfielders of all time. 

A garbage signing. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

For me, this guy was a way worse signing than McCormack. Obviously Ross was way more expensive, but at least he had a track record of success. This guy was nothing more than a vague prospect and we made him one of the most expensive Championship midfielders of all time. 

A garbage signing. 

Its been a frightening scenario, this club has had to endure.....I can't think of many who have had to cope with such a poor level of recruitment....I think it has been at the centre of our undoing over the last 10 years.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its been a frightening scenario, this club has had to endure.....I can't think of many who have had to cope with such a poor level of recruitment....I think it has been at the centre of our undoing over the last 10 years.

Certainly a lot more 'duds' than 'hits' in the last decade, yes. 

• 3 weeks later...
Â