Aaron Tshibola

NurembergVillan

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think that paints a slightly more accurate picture than the one I painted. I overlooked Richardson, Guzan and CNZ being out of contract.

Still, Bruce didn't really have much difficulty in ridding the 'deadwood'. 5 of 8 (from memory) went to top tier sides, so were sought after players.

Really? 

Westwood, who most people derided as being pretty much useless, and Gestede, with the mobility a of one legged tortoise, I think we did very well to sell both for decent(ish) fees. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Really? 

Westwood, who most people derided as being pretty much useless, and Gestede, with the mobility a of one legged tortoise, I think we did very well to sell both for decent(ish) fees. 

Given our track record I agree.

I am not so much speaking about my rating the players we got rid of, merely the fact that top tier clubs came in for them.

12 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think that paints a slightly more accurate picture than the one I painted. I overlooked Richardson, Guzan and CNZ being out of contract.

Still, Bruce didn't really have much difficulty in ridding the 'deadwood'. 5 of 8 (from memory) went to top tier sides, so were sought after players.

I agree he had no problem selling Westwood, Ayew, Baker who I didn't necessarily consider deadwood.  You then had Veretout who never settled but was sought after abroad, likewise Amavi. We have also seen Cissokho, Bacuna, Sanchez, Gollini and Gestede moved on whilst he has been here. I nearly said Gil but think he is still our player.

Edited by markavfc40

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree he had no problem selling Westwood, Ayew, Baker who I didn't necessarily consider deadwood.  You then had Veretout who never settled but was sought after abroad, likewise Amavi. We have also seen Cissokho, Bacuna, Sanchez, Gollini and Gestede moved on whilst he has been here. I nearly said Gil but think he is still our player.

To be fair, I think he's tried his best to move on Gil (permanently). 

If he can get rid of mccockmack he's a miracle worker 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

To be fair, I think he's tried his best to move on Gil (permanently). 

If he can get rid of mccockmack he's a miracle worker 

until the next McCormack comes along.....seems like there is one around every corner with us.

I cringe every time we enter the transfer market.....have done for the past 10 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Czechlad said:

How did he go from looking great for Reading to absolutely shite for us? I know he didn't play much for reading, but he was a young player who was given a chance, and he made the most of it. 

If it makes a difference, he was DM for reading, and he hasn't played that role for us. 

He played 13 league games for Reading. not enough evidence for money we paid for him

• Like 2

Pretty sure it was Steve Clarke who was raving about the kid and indoctrinated RDM!

Absurd signing.

Looking back, I can’t believe we played against Sheff Wed with Gardner and Tshibola in CM. Hardly a surprise we lost the game...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Pretty sure it was Steve Clarke who was raving about the kid and indoctrinated RDM!

Absurd signing.

Looking back, I can’t believe we played against Sheff Wed with Gardner and Tshibola in CM. Hardly a surprise we lost the game...

well Im sure Westwood played as well. Tshibola might have been a sub

Looking at team Bacuna started but Amavi and Grealish on bench

On 06/07/2018 at 18:42, bannedfromHandV said:

Really? 

I have no idea what the hell this post is all about or what the previous discussion has really been about so excuse my ignorance but I had to give you a like for the Gestede bit all the same. Spot on. Go you. :thumb:

(also I understand really and I agree)

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This guy baffles me as he had a couple of promising cameos then descended into shite.

aka 'Aston Villa Syndrome'. 

• Like 2

On 06/07/2018 at 18:42, bannedfromHandV said:

Really? 

Yeah but the flip side of that is spent more than double what he got for Gestede to bring in Hogan. The style of football that followed suited Gestede more. 

On 09/07/2018 at 09:19, mjmooney said:

aka 'Aston Villa Syndrome'. 

We really don't help ourselves though.

I can't help but think that other clubs would try to utilise some of their unwanted players in an attempt to get them back in form and drum up interest. 

As soon as a manager starts to dislike a player, we send them off into the wilderness with no chance of a return. Gollini was shipped out on loan for 18 months, Tshibola was sent away to MK Dons and Scotland, Elphick was dropped after maybe 4-5 bad games, despite being one of our best players in the first 6 weeks of his first season, McCormack was just ignored until we could send him to Forest (IIRC) and then Australia. Even going further back to Lambert's time, we sent Hutton to Forest and Spain after a nice spell in the 'bomb squad'.

The only player I can think of in the last 3-4 years that I gladly saw us completely ignore is Richards. All of the others players have had some sort of redeeming quality worth salvaging.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2018 at 09:16, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This guy baffles me as he had a couple of promising cameos then descended into shite.

He didn't though, he always looked lazy and disinterested. There might be some talent buried in there somewhere but he's not arsed doing any work to show it. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

He didn't though, he always looked lazy and disinterested. There might be some talent buried in there somewhere but he's not arsed doing any work to show it. 

There is no need to work. God will sort it out. #blessed

On 14/07/2018 at 21:08, Junxs said:

Yeah but the flip side of that is spent more than double what he got for Gestede to bring in Hogan. The style of football that followed suited Gestede more. 

Unless you believe we became a foosball team then I doubt it.

Â