Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

Out for 10 weeks with knee ligament damage. So that's pre-season gone for him to make an impact. Huge shame but it was evident he had done something bad when it happened in the final of Hong Kong 7s. He was in agony. 

After the amount of games our U23s have played recently it was absolutely ridiculous playing in this crappy tournament for someone like O'Hare. He should have been resting and doing gym work ready for a season of first team football.
Ridiculous.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2018 at 21:16, VillaAlex said:

Out for 10 weeks with knee ligament damage. So that's pre-season gone for him to make an impact. Huge shame but it was evident he had done something bad when it happened in the final of Hong Kong 7s. He was in agony. 

Freaking hell. When are we ever ever going to get a break?? 

On 29/05/2018 at 21:16, VillaAlex said:

10 weeks is the minimum - these things very often take longer and it’s a really hard rehab to follow .

• 1 month later...

Any news on his injury? It’s been a while. I am so hopeful for him this season, he’s such a talent and hopefully can break in to the first team.

Fingers crossed he can get back to fitness and start to challenge for a staring place.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Any news on his injury? It’s been a while. I am so hopeful for him this season, he’s such a talent and hopefully can break in to the first team.

Fingers crossed he can get back to fitness and start to challenge for a staring place.

What will he be staring at??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

His pre-season has been disrupted by a nasty knee injury picked up in the under-23s’ Hong Kong Soccer Sevens tournament in June.

However, O’Hare is now back on the grass at Bodymoor Heath and is on schedule to return to action some time next month.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-injury-fitness-avfc-14251861

Could be back pretty soon then. Good news,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Good news, still pretty miffed that he played in the 7's tournament, above all else, what was/is he going to learn playing in a 7-a-side tournament in Hong Kong at this stage of his career?!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Good news, still pretty miffed that he played in the 7's tournament, above all else, what was/is he going to learn playing in a 7-a-side tournament in Hong Kong at this stage of his career?!

I agree, he should have been resting up and looking forward to pre-season with the first team squad. If he isn’t in the squad this year, he needs loaning out. He cannot be playing reserve football another season.

14 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I agree, he should have been resting up and looking forward to pre-season with the first team squad. If he isn’t in the squad this year, he needs loaning out. He cannot be playing reserve football another season.

I know we take that 7's tournament fairly seriously and have been a part of it for a long time now but surely you just send the kids, the real kids not the ones who you would think are on the periphery of the first XI

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I know we take that 7's tournament fairly seriously and have been a part of it for a long time now but surely you just send the kids, the real kids not the ones who you would think are on the periphery of the first XI

Hopefully they felt he was not quite ready for first team friendlies after his injury but could build up some fitness at the 7’s.

Either that or he is not part of Bruce’s plans. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He got injured playing football – you can't stop all the young players trying to be pros from playing football. 

Just now, praisedmambo said:

He got injured playing football – you can't stop all the young players trying to be pros from playing football. 

Well no, you can't. But you can avoid sending players who may feature in your first XI to play in a meaningless end of season 7 a side tournament. Even if it was pre season I could just about accept it but end of season is just pointless. 

I'm sure he was happy to go, in fact he probably wanted to, but that's not the point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â