Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thinking of youngsters getting thrown in. How about Rashford? If I recall correctly he only played because of injuries. The rest is history. 

Makes you wonder how many youngsters careers are prevented from really taking off because of the pressure on teams to win.

If we fail to get promoted this season we will be massively reliant on the academy next season. 

Its a good point.

I am not going to be over critical of managers, because I am not privvy to the pressure for results they have to deal with, but I think your point is a valid one.

It seems more so these days, its when a team is strapped by injuries, which is not ideal, because young players should at least have the benefit of playing WITH the better players, not instead of them.

It strikes me at times, we get a distorted view of our younger players by doing that....but hey ho.

13 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I hope it was just down to a "slight" injury or sickness, otherwise this will be a huge kick in the teeth for the lad.

Told the press a couple of days ago that he will be In the squad to being left out.

I think by in the squad he meant he’s travelling rather than guaranteed in the 18 .

a woman has tweeted that she’s seen o hare get off the coach so he has travelled .

Edited by Eastie

This is getting absolutely vexing for me, he's a talent, looked good in the limited game time he has had, and has been absolutely destroying the U23 league. I hate that Onomah is getting so much preference over him, at a minimum O'Hare deserves to be on the bench.

14 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

I expect he's picked up a knock - Bruce wouldn't have been bigging him up midweek to then leave him out entirely.

If he’d picked up a knock why would he have travelled in his tracksuit - Bruce said in the squad not in the 18 - don’t get me wrong he should be involved .

23 hours ago, Eastie said:

Demoralising for the lad not to be on the bench - a midfield trio of whelan, hourihane and onomah - for my book not one of those 3 should be starting :(

‘let’s hope Bruce hasn’t screwed up the selection again .

Good job 2 of them scored then :P

I do agree that Onomah shouldn't be starting. 

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we've stopped talking about him. Still think he deserves minutes with the first team even if they are sub appearances. 

Early in the season he was consistently on the bench getting some minutes, but despite playing amazingly for the U-23s, he hasn't been given a chance. 

Â