Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

Both DS and JT were at the game, so they will no doubt have been there to see COH and others. I don't think the defenders will have done themselves any good letting in five. 

I wouldn't be loaning him out right now, a few injuries/ suspensions and we could do with him in the first team. 

• Like 1

If Smith wants to play a passing game then he needs players that can pass a ball. I give 3 weeks before we see this kid in the match day squad. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm starting to think this lad will overtake Grealish in the long run, based on current evidence.

current evidence? He is 20 years old and has barely made the bench

Think a bit premature

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

current evidence? He is 20 years old and has barely made the bench

Think a bit premature

I more so meant on evidence of what i'm seeing from (Jack this season) Jack, and reports of what Ohare is capable of.

Jacks development seems to have leveled off (Although that could change in coming games)

Also, Ohare seems more direct and imposing.

Obviously, on the other hand, I could be talking nonsense.

Would expect to see O'Hare on the bench on Friday, he offers something that we don't currently have available to bring on.

Last night I would rather have seen O'Hare brought on over El Ghazi, and the same for Bolasie on Saturday after witnessing his performance.

With Jack currently out of form (I don't think it will last), he gives us an option to replace him should we need it.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

To me he looks more like Barry Bannan than Grealish - I don't see it as a like for swap . But I think he will get a few games before long.

I dont see him like Bannan at all. He seems like he is much more technical and offensive minded than Bannan will ever be.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 24/10/2018 at 01:34, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I more so meant on evidence of what i'm seeing from (Jack this season) Jack, and reports of what Ohare is capable of.

Jacks development seems to have leveled off (Although that could change in coming games)

Also, Ohare seems more direct and imposing.

Obviously, on the other hand, I could be talking nonsense.

join the club.

• Haha 1

His attributes are ....his vision and his quick feet....." will o' the wisp" , movement.

If he can overcome the physical disadvantage and use that to his advantage.....He could have centre halves platting their legs.

I think he needs some 20 minute cameo's like Bolassie has had and let him learn the physical side of the game.

For me, He could be another Bradley Dack.

Under Bruce the game was so slow in the build up....this quicker pace  and quicker movement of the ball,may allow him to move away from trouble more easily.

looking forward to see if the lad makes it....I think he will.

There has been many diminutive players carve out a super career for themselves.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I watched an u23 game on YouTube a few weeks back. He presses the opposition well and doesn’t give them a moments peace. Could see that suiting Smiths style. But I can only see him playing if McGinn or at a push Jack are out. He’s not going to play ahead of either of those and not going to play the deep midfield role. We have other options on the wings. 

On 23/10/2018 at 09:22, Herman22 said:

Both DS and JT were at the game, so they will no doubt have been there to see COH and others. I don't think the defenders will have done themselves any good letting in five

I wouldn't be loaning him out right now, a few injuries/ suspensions and we could do with him in the first team. 

Seems the norm these days 🤣

• Haha 1

Grealish can’t be expected to play every minute of every game so O’Hare is a great option to have to give Grealish a rest.

I keep mentioning this under Bruce but it never happened. Thankfully Villa have a manager and coaching team now who are starting to read my posts on here.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been thinking about this and I'd love to see him get a shot v Stoke if Jack's out - and for the first time in years it's not "God I hope one of these kids can save us" it's "OK I think the rest of the attacking machine is looking good, let's give this kid an hour and bring on Kodjia or whoever if it's not working out."

Flipside I suppose is players like JK, even Hogan, Whelan etc (depending on how he shuffled) are all doing their bits with cameos and probably desperate to start a game, so not that easy a decision for Smith, but it's nice to think it could go one of a few ways and we would still hopefully look good going forward.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't like the idea in just throwing him out there. Haven't even featured as a sub yet

I remember Jonathan Hog came out of nowhere against Man Utd at home 2010, 2-2. He didn’t feature a lot after that but had a good game then. It wasn’t a manager decision more than an injury crises that time. 

Anyway I’d prefer him to come for half an hour though. But I don’t mind him starting if he’s fit enough.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

I have been thinking about this and I'd love to see him get a shot v Stoke if Jack's out - and for the first time in years it's not "God I hope one of these kids can save us" it's "OK I think the rest of the attacking machine is looking good, let's give this kid an hour and bring on Kodjia or whoever if it's not working out."

Flipside I suppose is players like JK, even Hogan, Whelan etc (depending on how he shuffled) are all doing their bits with cameos and probably desperate to start a game, so not that easy a decision for Smith, but it's nice to think it could go one of a few ways and we would still hopefully look good going forward.

Its easy enough for us to say give him a chance/throw him in. But whenever i've seen him play hes a 10/RW and atm we need someone to cover Grealish's position (LCM). 

1 hour ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

Its easy enough for us to say give him a chance/throw him in. But whenever i've seen him play hes a 10/RW and atm we need someone to cover Grealish's position (LCM). 

This is Dean Smith's Villa. We don't have to set up the same way every time. Keep the opposition guessing. 

Welcome to VT, btw. 

Â