Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

There is a lot in what you say, Neil, but something has to change. If we have a couple of more performances like the last two, we will be struggling and his job will be on the line anyway.

True, but prior to those last two games we won seven league games on the bounce and things were looking rosey. The  last two games have been against teams also in good form, and were expected tough games.

So far his appearances have been in cup competition against lower league opponents and he has done well. I think he will get his chance soon if he keeps training hard and performing for the U23 team, he just needs to make sure Bruce can’t leave him out when it comes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

He needs to be in and around the 1st team squad. Bleed him in. Pointless having these guys waiting in the wings but not giving them any 1st team game time, because when the time comes that they're needed they'll have zero experience.

This, to expect any young player to step into a losing team and make an impact is dropping them in the shit. Especially if its away from home. When we are winning games we should be bringing players on that can replace our creative players, i dont see the point in shuffling the defense. If he gets the nod tomorrow then I hope hes not discarded as useless if he doesnt perform as we all hope. Anyway rant over. Good luck Callum

• Like 1

The thing I don't get is why Bruce hasn't let him play in the dying minutes of games where we've been in total control? There were certainly plenty of opportunities during our great run.

Would've greatly helped with the current predicament. Throwing him in now 'cold turkey' is quite risky, but probably needs to be done if we're to create anything. Otherwise we're down to hoping for another miracleworker, whoever that may turn out to be.

Having said that I don't really see Bruce starting him, but hopefully he'll be introduced from the bench at the very least tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thinking of youngsters getting thrown in. How about Rashford? If I recall correctly he only played because of injuries. The rest is history. 

Makes you wonder how many youngsters careers are prevented from really taking off because of the pressure on teams to win.

If we fail to get promoted this season we will be massively reliant on the academy next season. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Davis was thrown in and made all the difference at that time. Hopefully same will happen with O'Hare if he gets the opportunity.

Yup, we need him to feed off of the adrenaline and energy to be outstanding for a few games until Jack is back.

Similarly to when Davis came in, they are very young so can't keep up a certain level of performance consistently yet.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

14 hours ago, vreitti said:

The thing I don't get is why Bruce hasn't let him play in the dying minutes of games where we've been in total control? There were certainly plenty of opportunities during our great run.

Would've greatly helped with the current predicament. Throwing him in now 'cold turkey' is quite risky, but probably needs to be done if we're to create anything. Otherwise we're down to hoping for another miracleworker, whoever that may turn out to be.

Having said that I don't really see Bruce starting him, but hopefully he'll be introduced from the bench at the very least tomorrow.

Reading the last few pages I was lining up a post very similar to this one in my head.

We've had 4 defensive midfielders sitting on the bench during that great 7 wins in a row run, and many people were questioning the bench during this run.

Ideally O'Hare could have been given 10-15 minutes here and there and now he'd be ready for a start. 

It's also worth mentioning that he's the same age as Onomah yet one has been given plenty or opportunities despite looking out of form, and the other hasn't even been on the bench despite looking lively whenever he has played. Even more baffling when you consider one is one of our own and the other wont even be here next year. 

• Like 2

Â