Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

He needs games in first teams....just like Cahill did , out on loan..

There is no substitute to be learning your trade in amongst the flying boots and the passions of a crowd willing their team on.

Its the real world.....it will do him good.

He has all the talent....he just needs to learn the other side of the game, like Jack.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Is it so beyond us fans not to see the difference in academy football and first team football?

Steve Bruce should be commended for having the Nous to know, that these young players of ours need to learn the next phase of their development.

We are a team trying to get out of this league and the physicality is already challenging for our experienced players....surely we can see that.

Talent alone as important as it is, is not enough and the pressure of playing for us right now is unfair.

They will come back far more developed and "street wise" and not risked lost points in the process for us.....of course it's the right decision.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

He needs games in first teams....just like Cahill did , out on loan..

There is no substitute to be learning your trade in amongst the flying boots and the passions of a crowd willing their team on.

Its the real world.....it will do him good.

He has all the talent....he just needs to learn the other side of the game, like Jack.

Well said TRO. I don’t really see a downside other than our under 23 team will suffer because of it, but it gives others the chance to come through too.

Really like O’Hare from the very brief bits I’ve seen him play, he could be a real talent.

The real world game time will do him good.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Well said TRO. I don’t really see a downside other than our under 23 team will suffer because of it, but it gives others the chance to come through too.

Really like O’Hare from the very brief bits I’ve seen him play, he could be a real talent.

The real world game time will do him good.

He has quickness of foot and thought that some kids can only dream of.....but he can ( right now ) be too easily taken out.

He will learn that at Barnsley.

52 minutes ago, rubberman said:

If he's not going to get time here, it's a good move.  Hope he continues to develop - I think he's got a bright future.

Won’t get time here. We have alot of midfielders at the moment.

Looking forward to follow his development at Barnsley. Good luck to him and them doen there.

questions for those who do watch U23s on a regular basis

O'hare and mckirdy, o'hare is 20 mckirdy is 21, do we let o'hare go on loan and keep mckirdy around the 1st team, let them both go, will either of them make it, are they that similar, can we in 5 years time ever have a team with grealish, o'hare and mckirdy or will grealish effectively stop those 2 from ever getting the role they could have somewhere else

I think Grealish is a different level to O'Hare, I think O'Hare is better than McKirdy. I don't think McKirdy will ever be a first team player for us on a regular basis.

It's good to see O'Hare back on the bench tonight for the U23's.

• Like 2

I fully understand the fact that these players have to develop....but I am also from the school that says they have to oust first team players.

Managers have their jobs on the line its not a benevolent society.....They have to come in and prove their worth to the team.

We have to get back to the days of players earning their shirt in the first team....unfortunately today, it seems like the gap between first team and academy is wider than yesteryear.....the game is faster, with less time on the ball and more physical, its hard now to apply the skill and refs in this league ,do tend to turn a blind eye to being molested.

I think they have to go away and PROVE their worth.

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

questions for those who do watch U23s on a regular basis

O'hare and mckirdy, o'hare is 20 mckirdy is 21, do we let o'hare go on loan and keep mckirdy around the 1st team, let them both go, will either of them make it, are they that similar, can we in 5 years time ever have a team with grealish, o'hare and mckirdy or will grealish effectively stop those 2 from ever getting the role they could have somewhere else

They have to force their way in.....only the strong survive.

He is diminuitive so he has a disadvantage physically.....so like Modric, Messi and before them Giles and Bremner, Alan Ball.....He has to develop a streak that negates that.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah i agree with that but i suppose what my main question is can o'hare and grealish ever realistically play in the same starting 11 together or do they both want to do the same thing

Personally, I see them a slightly different in one context and similar in another.....I see them both as attacking midfielders, but I see jack as a runner predominantly and Callum (fully developed) as more territorial and playing players in, in the last third.

I could see them both playing in the same team.....with a good holding player or combative destroyer, feeding them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Personally, I see them a slightly different in one context and similar in another.....I see them both as attacking midfielders, but I see jack as a runner predominantly and Callum (fully developed) as more territorial and playing players in, in the last third.

I could see them both playing in the same team.....with a good holding player or combative destroyer, feeding them.

so what you're saying is we have the next iniesta, we have the next xavi, if we can find the next biscuits champions league glory will be ours

?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

so what you're saying is we have the next iniesta, we have the next xavi, if we can find the next biscuits champions league glory will be ours

?

They can be anything that they want.....but you have to graft your nuts off, to get your nose in front.

I had the good fortune to be close to Andy Gray in his early days with us.....I seen the man from the inside.....He was relentless in his belief and ambition to succeed....He feared nothing or on one....and believed he would score in every Game.

I had close encounters with Carlton Palmer and seen him apply that "eye of the tiger" in order to get in the first team at Albion....we had conversations about application and working in the afternoons.

I would be putting all the extra hours in to make sure I shifted that guy out and me in......They have to be single minded.

I don't know Callum......but he has a wonderful opportunity.....I would be developing those thigh muscles and upper body to resist challenges , just like Keegan did.....turn the disadvantage in to the advantage with his low centre of gravity.

Edited by TRO

Â